PDF Underlay prints squished together

ammobake

Using Autocad 2017.

The PDF's I got from one of our contractors are 30x42 drawings with a titleblock.

I inserted these 5 PDF's in Autocad as PDF underlays (scale 1.0). When I go back to the layout/sheet view these PDF's will sometimes appear squished together horizontally over to the left - in the viewport.

When I print the sheet, everything appears to be fine and like I set it up.

But sometimes when I go to layout/sheet view, what I see is the PDF compressed/squished over to the left-hand side (this is for all 5 affected layout tabs). If I zoom in, the PDF "unsquishes" for lack of a better term.

Vertically, the PDF underlays appear to keep their scaling and the bottom left justification doesn't change.

Is there a way to change how the PDF's are displayed that prevents this "squishing" effect towards the side of justification?

examples - orange is the edge of the PDF underlay.

squished.png[/url]

The next example is zoomed in one additional "click" and the PDF seems to show up fine.

unsquished.png[/url]

Sorry can't show the whole drawing.

Thank you!

-ChriS

I have pdf xrefs get out of alignment and not show completely, but it is only on screen. All output is always fine.

I do not have a hot rod graphics card, and that is my root cause. I am living with the on board intel whatever 4000 on the momma board. Regenall usually fixes it. Reload (all) from the xref manager always fixes it. I usually have upwards of four large 36 x 48 pdf xrefs, and eight or nine attached images. Keeping all that screen image data straight is just too much for my nearly non-existent video processor.

Perhaps you are in the same boat.

On my old windows XP Machine I didn't see this. I just recently got a new 64-bitcomputer from the company that can handle 20+ GB of ram and a top of the line vid card with 4 monitors. But only seems to be an issue now on the new comp on Autocad 2017.

But, like you said, the prints always come out OK. But I keep thinking my viewports are off. When I go back to fix the viewport, then the print really is off.

Mostly it's just annoying.

-ChriS

You might try some different drivers.

Are the Computer Specifications in your profile correct?

Does this only happen with these PDFs or all PDFs?

Does this happen with anything else?

I see you run two different size monitors,what resolution are you running?

Yeah I think I updated all my comp info in my profile. It's Intel Xeon quad core CPU - 3.30 ghz (x4). The video card is the Nvidia NVS510 and is working properly. There are no other vidcards running.

In "Graphics Performance" Autocad shows the vidcard working w/ driver version 21.21.13.7633.

Hardware acceleration is on, all the boxes are checked.

I set up a 72 page drawing set recently for one of our projects and 20 or 30 pages of those were PDF underlays on my titleblock.

Not all of the PDF's showed this effect. But everything did print as intended.

I tried to recreate it today but it wouldn't work - everything shows fine and everything prints fine. So it's only intermittent.

It's more of just a nuisance than anything else.

When it happens, it happens in both model space and paperspace (in the viewport).

Doesn't seem to happen with anything else from what I've seen.

I do run two different monitor sizes:

(2)22 inch monitors up top - 1680x1050

(2)27 inch monitors on bottom - 1920x1080

-ChriS