Change How MText (QLEADER) exits command

Hi,

Looking to change how i exit from my QLEADER command.

Currently when i press enter during the point i am entering text it creates a new line. I recall on my old system when i pressed enter it existed the command.

Anyone help??

Sorry may i correct that. Previously i would type my text press enter and then escape. This would save the text i had written.

Currently if i type my text then press enter and then escape erases the text and only leave the leader arrow.

cheers

By default after you locate the tip of your leader then click to place it you then drag to where you want the text to be after that second click you type your text then click anywhere else outside of the text box and your done. If you set up your annotations right then you would never have to use the enter button or escape. A lot of the commands that AutoCAD uses are 1 or 2 clicks and the use of the enter button is an alternative way of completing the command when text is not involved. Oh and when you do place an annotation you should be doing it in paperspace not model space. It's just a thing around here.

Its just a habbit I've become used to over the last 7 years of using AutoCAD. New install different settings.

Yes I can click out of the box to close off the command. I'd rather have it so that when I am at the keyboard entering my text i would like to close the command of by pressing enter (creates a new line) and then escape.

Does anyone know how this setting is controlled and how do i change it.

You could check preferences but I doubt that you will find anything there that will change a key binding. But like I said if your working with text then the expected behavior of the system is to be that of a text editor hence the enter key acts as a return key and creates a new line. Now I don't use single line text very much but I do think that once you select where you want you text to go and hit enter then AutoCAD exits out of the text editor. If you don't need multiple lines in you annotations then you might look into creating a leader style that uses single line text then you might be able to exit out of the leader command with the enter button.

Ok I was curious about the single line text and using it with a leader turns out you can't use single line text with a leader and you have to use escape to get out of the single line text editor.

Yeah you could always do that in any version the OP just wants to get out of the text command after he's finished typing the text by hitting enter and nothing else. But since it's text the enter key is the return carriage key by default and you can't change the binding for it.

Yeah you could always do that in any version the OP just wants to get out of the text command after he's finished typing the text by hitting enter and nothing else. But since it's text the enter key is the return carriage key by default and you can't change the binding for it.

ok so tap the enter key 2 times. Worked for me.