Mapiinsert of TIFF inserts to wrong location

MSA_Will

I have a set of aerial images that I am hoping to use as a basemap for a paving project; about 20 images in total. Each is in TIFF format with an associated .tfw file. When using MAPIINSERT to place these images, only about six of them locate in the correct place. I can tell because I am placing them along with some GIS map linework. The remaining images place correctly relative to eachother, but very far from where they ought to be. I have tried placing them with other "Units for Insertion Point and Density," but it does not solve my problem.

Could it be that they are somehow referencing a different coordinate system? My drawing is set to use HARN Oregon State Planes, North Zone, International Foot.

I'm not sure how to view the info contained in the .tfw to see if there is something different about each of them. Perhaps if I could do that, I would be able to sort this out.

Any help is appreciated!

You can open the world files (tfw) with notepad or ant text editor program. The first line of it should list the coordinate system and size/rotation/insertion point.

This is what is inside a .JGW which is used to georeference a JPG, the tiff should be similar.

Will,

"Could it be that they are somehow referencing a different coordinate system?"

Could be. Can you post a link to your data, both the TIFF's and the GIS linework?

Dave