Leader arrows and dimensions wrong size

cvanriper

In some blocks of typical details I insert, some of the arrowheads and dimensions come in at the wrong scale. I have set my INSUNITS to 1 (inches), redrawn the arrows in the block file, matched properties to one that is not giving me problems, purged the block before reinserting it, but none of it is working. What am I missing?

Your annotations might be annotative so when you bring them in your annotative settings will make them appear to big or to small depending on what annotative scale your using.

They are not annotative There is no difference between ant of the leaders. The detail was created all at one time then made a block, but when it's inserted into a sheet, only 2 arrow heads are too large.

in the properties window you can edit the size of the leaders/text. If you use standard 1/8 size for everything (which is pretty standard) you can change the "dimscale" to 1.0 for paperspace dimensions and leaders. If you are using that object in a viewport or in model space, you can update dimscale to whatever size works best.

Once you get one to the size/properties you want, use "matchprop" command, click your new object, then click all other objects you want to apply those properties to (or drag drop and select the other objects way).

This is how I've done it for around 12 yrs just because I avoid annotative objects like the plague.

-ChriS