Autocad Does Not Recognize My Graphic Card

bazilbolia

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, and I've just recently installed autocad 2016 (p&id) to my laptop (acer predator 17", windows 10). When I launch the application, in the graphics performance section I've noticed that autocad uses my integrated graphics card (intel HD530) instead of the discrete one (Nvidia gtx980M).

I've tried the solution in the official autodesk forum to disable the intel graphics card in the device manager, but when I reopened autocad, it still uses the integrated graphics (now without direct x11).

I've also checked the nvidia control panel section, in which I've specified the global settings to use high performance nvidia processor. However, when I went in the program settings in the nvidia control panel, I could not specify the settings that I want for autocad.

Is there any other solutions that I might've missed? Any help and useful links are much appreciated.

Thanks for your time

Regards,

Bazil

I would have gone through the BIOS to disable the onboard graphics chip but it has been a while since I had to do it. Until you mentioned it I wasn't aware it could be done via Device Manager. What nVidia card is installed?

I would have gone through the BIOS to disable the onboard graphics chip but it has been a while since I had to do it. Until you mentioned it I wasn't aware it could be done via Device Manager. What nVidia card is installed?

Hi Remark,

Im currently using nvidia gtx980m. Its a laptop gpu. My last experience in using autocad was in 2010 though. So there might be a few tweaks that I did not look through when I first installed it. My laptop is more than capable to render 3d processing, but it frustrates me to see that autocad does not use the right card for smoother fps.

Is the nVidia GTX980m on the approved list of graphics cards for AutoCAD?

Referring to the youtube video above, the graphics card can be used for autocad and in regards to your question, it is not in the approved list of graphics card.

Even reddit and notebookreviews forum states that the 900M family are more than capable of handling autocad. I wonder if its a software issue?