Inventor Metal Panel

mattador04

Hi,

Was looking for some assistance with this part... I have some 'self intersecting' legs, and I was wondering how to make my part look like the picture. IPT attached..

I started with a sheet metal IPT, made a FACE and used FLANGE for the features.

SillPanel.ipt

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

Hi,

made a FACE and .....

Use Contoured Flange.

I would post example, but I do not have 2014.

Have you installed all Service Packs and Updates for 2014? (the correct answer is - no.) I would do this while they are still available.

Sill Panel.PNG

Edited by JD Mather

When I try to use contoured flange, it says that there are no unconsumed sketches. What is contour flange anyway? How is it different from flange?

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2017/ENU/?guid=GUID-C28B79F7-DD84-4937-8138-2C253916F8C5

Contour Flange lets you draw the profile with an open sketch and then select edges to essentially sweep it along. In this case i would draw the faces that dont have the relief and then draw the additional L shaped flange on top and do a contour. I am using 2017 and don't know what options you have in 14 though. I left inventor in 11 and just recently begun working with it again.

Here you can see the feature in progress.

Contour Flange.jpg

And after completed

Contour Flange2.jpg

With this you have great control over what the relief is in the corners.

If you have the profile of the flange that is already used you will have to right click on the sketch in the model browswer(tree) and "share sketch" to be able to use it again in another feature. I don't know why Inventor is that way but has been as long as i can remember.