My grid went all weird and diagonal, what did I do??

I have no idea how this happened or how to fix it. On this particular drawing it is not a big deal, but how do I get this grid to straighten up in case this happens to me again in the future?

diagonal-grid.jpg

The grid is not useful at all unless you are a devotee of the SNAP command. Then yes, the grid is useful. Most long time users of AutoCAD turned the grid off back in 1987.

The grid is not useful at all unless you are a devotee of the SNAP command...

The grid not only is useful with SNAP command but also it allows easy to assess the real scale of the drawing.

LOL! The "real" scale of the drawing? Are you one of those dinosaurs still drawing "to scale" like one might do manually on a drafting board? The only "scale" you should be drawing to in model space is 1:1 using real world dimensions.

OK...just for argument's sake tell us where having GRID enabled benefits the OP is drawing his family crest. Reference specify entities of the drawing please...and thank you.

Turn the grid off. You don't need it.

Just an opinion.

That's like saying "Don't buy a blue car, you don't need it" :-)

I've never used the grid either, but if someone wants to use it, what difference does it make?

I know someone who still likes BLIPMODE on... doesn't bother me.

Cheers...

BLIPMODE! Most be someone who fell in love with an early video game. LOL.

I know of only one engineer that I worked with who utilizes SNAP and GRID. He does process piping and instrumentation diagrams for water treatment plants. What a PITA it is to revise his drawings. No one here can stand to edit them; everyone that does says it just drives them nuts.

I actually do use the grid when I create isometrics, such as plumbing risers. It definitely helps as an aid. When you're at one end of the plumbing riser, you can use the grid to follow when to stop your riser or drop from the other end of the riser diagram, aligning them along the same grid line by simply looking where the grid line is. It doesn't have to snap, but you simply know when to stop where it's a consistent line length.

-TZ

Snap is definitely the way to go for some drawings, including P&ID drawings. Keeps things nice and neat.

You can still be "neat" without using snap to create a P&ID. Of course it may also be a function of how detailed your drawings are. Some of ours are so detailed you need a shoehorn and a can of silicon spray to fit everything in. LOL