Cannot Offset Filleted Box

Shokur, welcome to CADTutor. :)

Good point BIGAL, the drawing is done in inches, so I thought I would work it out.

The left hand image in my screenshot is the original drawing, after scaling it twice with a scale factor of 0.000001 (just think of that as 1e-012).

Even after doing that, you will notice that the length of the dimension shown (815,445.3') is still pretty big.

To try and get some further perspective, I set the Text Height for that dimension at 416,666' - 8", so that it would show up at all when referenced against the line work.

As it turns out, BIGAL was right, original linework is 19.3494932537942645 light years wide.

I'd love to get the realtor's percentage on that deal.

Don't try to print this at home on your 3D Printer. :beer:

Being 66 years young, my eyes aren't quite what they used to be, but even if yours are, and you succeeded in OFFSETTING that by 3/4", it would likely still be somewhat challenging to see it, in light of the scale disparity.

Please don't take offense, just a slow day at work.

Have a great week. :)

dont print this at home on your 3D Printer.jpg

Edited by Dadgad

While Autodesk doesn't talk it up too much, nor mention it in the Units dialogs, Dim Manager, nor -dwgunits command, such scales are supported in the software, as shown in the screenshots from the User Preferences tab in OPTIONS. :huh: :beer:

Lightyears really is in there.JPG

parsecs are in there too.JPG