AutoCAD logo image shows filepath

Good morning,

I am making a few small changes to a couple of drawings. The client sent these over without the relevant GIF images for their logos and autocad is displaying the filepath instead of the image.

Is there a way to set this file path text so that it won't plot yet when I return the drawings it gets he logos again which do plot?

Thanks

Nothing you say? What layer is the path text on?

OK...never mind. Do this. If there is a layer called Defpoints then change the layer the path text is on to this layer. If not then create a new layer, set it to "no print" in the Layer Properties Manager then move the path text to this layer. While it will appear on your screen it won't plot.

If there is a layer called Defpoints then change the layer the path text is on to this layer. If not then create a new layer, set it to "no print" in the Layer Properties Manager then move the path text to this layer. While it will appear on your screen it won't plot.

I wouldn't use Defpoints, just find a no plot layer or create one if needed.

This still does not solve this portion of the OP's request

....yet when I return the drawings it gets he logos again which do plot

...unless OP returns the image to its original layer before sending the drawing back to the client.

You're right of course, I can just move them to their own layer and hide / set to not printing / whatever - or just delete them before I make a plot and undelete after.

Its not a perfect solution - say a colleague sent the drawings back before the layer option had been reset or wanted a plot forgetting to delete / undelete (I know unlikely in a small job but...)

It is an odd thing and it would be great if there was a setting somewhere to set this alternative text to not plot without changing layers and so on

You do know that what you are looking at are placeholders for the xref-ed images that are attached, right? The xref's will stay atatched even if they are in another country on somebody else's computer. I't is just that AutoCad can't access them. Moving the placeholders to a no-plot layer will do no harm as long as they are moved back to their original layers before shipping them back to the client.

If you find out their path for these images and can make a dummy link to this directory on your pc/network put a dummy logo in this location. When you send a dwg their logo will appear.

You can make dummy drives even if you only have a C: drive.

Subst G: C:\freds\ has a directory called \works\logos

G:\works\logos this is other company location