Help needed!

bavdeyka

Hi everyone! i need help of more experienced than myself inventor users..

How can I add material inbetween the drawing contour and surface of highlighted facets?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/im5o6mb2fc1x2lp/cadproblem.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aba5cccr6olvpqw/p-eksperiment---2--shir2-shire---pu-polpu-dopfig.ipt?dl=0

I've been trying to do this for two days now to no avail:cry:

Please please help!

Thank you!!!

assuming the edges are coincident to the edge you are trying to add to you have a few options. Delete the faces and then just patch up to that edge. It kind of depends on what you want it to look like. I opened the file and its not immediately apparent what you are trying to do. Are you trying to blend to that curve into an edge, extrude it up or what?

Look at these images. is this what you want? Loft help.jpg

Loft help2.jpg

Because of some geometry problems it won't let you apply tangency with the upper edge but i used the LOFT tool to do this. Your sketch was one section, the upper edge of the solid that i went to was the second section. I simply grabbed 7 or 8 edges on the solid. I then added 2 rails going from your sketch up to the second section. If this is what you are trying to do i can explain it a little better.

shift1313, thank you, that's exactly what I need!

Initially, I tried applying LOFT, but it didn't work for some reason.. I can't highlight all the facets at once, and an error occurs when I highlight them one by one (see the pic).

Please please explain how you did that!

Thanks again!!!

attachment.php?attachmentid=60562&cid=1&stc=1

cadproblem2.jpg