Keep hatch at back when editing it

Hi,

Whenever I click on a hatch to edit a vertex (Auto Cad Architecture 2017) it always comes to the front. Is there a way of keeping the hatch at the back so you can see all the visible layers above it?

HPDraworder doesn't seem to work as that only applies when creating a hatch.

Thanks,

Will

Short answer is no, AFAIK. You could apply a transparency to it as a work around.

Scratch that. ^^

For some reason I thought he meant "while editing". I think I misread that this morning.

Edited by RobDraw
Misread OP

It may actually still be in back. The hatch draw order does not always refresh on the screen after a hatch edit. Try REGEN? In fact I have never had draw order change itself other than just on the screen image. REGEN has always brought back the proper order, and it happens on almost every hatch edit for me. It may be because I only have an on board graphics chip or maybe it is simply an autocad quirk. I stopped bothering with regen-ing after hatch editing and things print fine. The hatches are all back in order the next time I open the drawing too.

Unfortunatly any selected object is highlighted when it is selected (thats not draw order), don't you use associated hatches ? that way you can just select the polyline around the hatch and edit the polyline, the hatch will automatically follow.