Issue with loading template

Stevery

Hi all,

I am having an issue when I load my template, it reduces the size of it and I can't understand why it's doing this. I've purged and checked the units in both files and all seems okay. Blocks, Attributes and linework all reduces except from our logo which loads in fine.

Anyone know what might be causing this?

Edited by Stevery

Strange, your drawings are created in a newer version, I can convert the dwg with Trueview, but a dwt file isn't supported, so how are people supposed to exchange dwt files (thats not a question to you - just a thought). But opening your dwg it tells me it was created by a program other than autocad, and the odd thing is it has no units set, the "-dwgunits" command fails to run

I'm running AutoCAD 2017. I can open Drawing01.dwg and as steven-g stated I too see the message that the drawing was created in a program other than AutoCAD, however, when I run the -DWGUNITS command it reports back the drawing units are set to the default of decimal inches. I also opened the template and that has units set to millimeters.

Something odd about the paperspace view in Drawing01.dwg....

ODD Template.jpg

Ugh. Not the best image in the world I'm afraid. Well it looks like your template got split up when it was inserted or someone moved something then saved the drawing. Anyway, I brought the two objects together and then scaled them up 25.4 times and guess what? They now look normal.

FYI...

To convert to millimeters multiply inches x 25.4

You are going to have to decide which units (metric or imperial) you want to be working in as it regards this particular drawing. If you decide to use imperial units then I would suggest that you edit the scale list and add a scale of 1"=30' (one inch equals thirty feet). Doing this will allow for the objects in model space to nicely fit inside your viewport. BTW...1 paper unit will then equal 360 drawing units. If more room is required then add the scale 1"=40' (one inch equals forty feet), meaning 1 paper unit will then be equal to 480 drawing units).

Edited by ReMark

Thanks for looking at this, guys.

It turns out that drawing01 was used in DIALux which may have caused this problem but I still can't figure out how to fix it :cry:

If anyone can find a fix for this I would greatly appreciate it!

And what problem will that specifically fix in this case?

I think the OP's main problem is the fact the survey appears to have been done in a drawing that uses imperial units but he is using a template created in metric units. He has to make up his mind which units he wants to use then make the necessary scale adjustments.