Appearance is visible only at the assembly level

Enfiel3D

Hello everyone!

I have a problem. I can see appearance assigned to a part only at the assembly level. It is not shown at the part level. What can be wrong here? I have reasons to believe that the installation/library management was not perfect on our side - could this be the reason? Inventor 2017.

Скриншот 2017-02-11 16.30.54.png

Was the material or appearance applied at the assembly level or part level? If its at the assembly level it doesn't trickle back down to the part. If you select the part at the assembly level and use the appearance drop town located at the top of the window, all the way up to you see the option "Clear Override". You can override the material or appearance from the part level, but by default it uses the Parts appearance.

The appearance was not applied at the assembly level. My Inventor displays same appearances differently in part and assembly. I suspect faulty installation and library management. But who knows...

Enfiel, i tried several tests on my end and don't have the same issues. There are a few things to look at/try.

At the part level does the appearance dropdown tab list the material you are expecting to see? If it is, on the VIEW tab do you have Textures on?

Appearance.png

Do you also have a material applied other than GENERIC that could override the material appearance?

At the Assembly level what is the dropdown for material showing when no parts are selected in the tree? Does it says "Inventor Material Library"?

Appearance2.png

When you select the part in the model browser what does the appearance dropdown box now say? Is it the same material it says in the part file?

The default location for the materials is not different from parts to assemblies, but the assemblies do have some options for where to look. There is nothing i can think of that would make the assembly view be correct but not the part. If you want to check you can go to File>Options and then to the "FILE" tab inside the application options window. The bottom of that will show "texture folder"