+ Reply to Thread
    Using
    AutoCAD 2015

Default "matchprop" command with haches problem

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

Hello everyone, I'm trying to "matchprop" some hatches but something gets wrong..

The final result isn't as it should be...

I've recorded a gif to explain this strange behavior.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l3q2XX...6pG/source.gif
    This is not the first time that happens, how could I fix that?

Thanks, Dennis

example.dwg

Using
    AutoCAD 2013
    At the confluence of worthlessness & invaluability

Open the Hatch Dialog, by starting the HATCH command, if you wish to use an existing hatch as a reference, select it as shown in the screenshot, then choose one of the Boundaries option, and start clicking away.
    Don't select the hatch before starting the MATCHPROP function. Click on the icon, then define your hatch selection by clicking within a hatched area.
    Be sure that when you click into the hatch you wish to replicate, that a portion of the linework which makes up the hatch is visible within your PICKBOX, meaning don't click in a void in the hatch pattern.
    As shown in your gif, you are attempting to match the hatch properties of a valid hatch into an UNHATCHED area, which by definition has no HATCH PROPERTIES to alter, there's the rub. If another area already is hatched you can do it that way. If it is empty, you cannot.
    Attached Images
    Volume and repetition do not validate opinions forged in the absence of thought.

Using
    AutoCAD 2015

Hi! thank for your reply!

I wasn't try to matchprop an area without hatch.. it was only the result of a previous attempt to matchprop.. the scale gets alterate after the matchprop.

as you can see they all have the same proprieties but they look different.

I have to change the scale from 0.8 to 0.03 in order to make them look the same.

Using
    AutoCAD 2013

Now I understand what you are describing. I hadn't realized that what you were clicking on was a line in the hatch pattern.
    How did you apply the hatch in the first place, that they represent differently? That would seem to be the key to, the behavior being demonstrated, which I have never seen before.
    Volume and repetition do not validate opinions forged in the absence of thought.

Using
    AutoCAD 2015

Unfortunately it's not my dwg, I get this drawing from a customer. In the two diagonal walls there was another hatch, I just wanted to uniform them.. but it doesn't work

I've uploaded the dwg if you want to look to.. I fixed it by changing it to Ansi37 but that's very strange ... :S

Computer Details
    steven-g's Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Win 7
    Discipline
    Construction
    steven-g's Discipline Details
    Occupation
    Draughtsman
    Discipline
    Construction
    Details
    I work in the estimating department of a large building contractor.
    Using
    AutoCAD 2018

From what I could find it's caused by having the same name of hatch, but one being imperial and the other metric somehow getting into in the same drawing, which if you look at the two hatches in your drawing shows a distance between the hatch lines in one as 0.1 and the other as 2.54 So that sounds plausible. You can get them to match up again by selecting all hatches of that type and in the properties giving them the same scale, but that may need a bit of trial and error to find the correct scale for your drawing, 0.031496 looks perfect. And if you regognise the numbers that is 0.03937*0.8.

Using
    AutoCAD 2013

Quote Originally Posted by steven-g View Post
    From what I could find it's caused by having the same name of hatch, but one being imperial and the other metric somehow getting into in the same drawing, which if you look at the two hatches in your drawing shows a distance between the hatch lines in one as 0.1 and the other as 2.54 So that sounds plausible. You can get them to match up again by selecting all hatches of that type and in the properties giving them the same scale, but that may need a bit of trial and error to find the correct scale for your drawing, 0.031496 looks perfect. And if you regognise the numbers that is 0.03937*0.8.
    Good work steven-g, I was thinking/wondering about that while I was out for dinner, you nailed it!
    If you select those two hatches which are different, and change the scale in their properties from0.8 to 0.03149, it all looks good to me!
    If one runs the -dwgunits command on the drawing, the units are mms, and those hatches were obviously created with drawing units set to inches.
    Last edited by Dadgad; 14th Feb 2017 at 03:24 pm.

Computer Details
    steven-g's Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Win 7
    Discipline
    Construction
    steven-g's Discipline Details
    Occupation
    Draughtsman
    Discipline
    Construction
    Details
    I work in the estimating department of a large building contractor.
    Using
    AutoCAD 2018

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

It is actually a problem I recognise seeing myself a few times, I just never really spent much time on it, this reminded me, so did a bit of digging about in that drawing and on the web, and it makes sense. Now next time I come across I'll know the answer