Constraints

mattador04

I need help constraining the geometry sown. If the pieces of metal were at 90, i could use a mate with an offset distance....

BUT in this case, things are weird. PLEASE HELP

PROBLEM.jpg

THIS IS WHAT I WANT.jpg

Weld. Cannot constrain at an angle because as the two assemblies slide against one another at the miter, they remain at the same angle to one another.

Even if they are sliding you should be able to constrain at an angle. Ill have to try and do a test to see. If you need the motion between them you can apply a joint and tell it exactly which degrees of freedom it has. For the angle between faces you can then dictate what angle range(same min and max) between the faces. Its easier in reality if there is a face or something that it can coincide with but you can fake it with DoF and angle limits. Anything else special about the motion between them for when i get a chance to test it out?

Angle1.png

Angle.png

mattador, i got a chance to play around with this and you can use the Constraint like i mentioned. You can add whatever other constraints or joints you need and then use the Angle Type to keep them at a certain angle. Let me know if that isn't the case for you. It doesn't keep the parts from sliding along their miter joints.