• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• dreamer

• Cad64

• rkent

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The one on the far left can be made to disappear if you union the vertical piece to the "L".

Just curious. What is being modeled and what material (wood, masonry, metal, other) would be used to construct it?

Edited by ReMark

I didn't ask you if there was a material attached. I asked you what material would the object be built out of?

OK...looking at your drawing I would assume the building is masonry and either concrete block with a stucco finish or poured concrete. Is that correct?

This isn't supposed to be a house is it? The walls of the building seem to be quite thick; more so than the privacy walls on the exterior.

The horizontal span that bridges the opening between the two walls seems too long to be only supported at both ends. How exactly will it be constructed so it won't collapse of its own weight?

Why does such a small building need such thick walls?

Edited by ReMark

Thanks rKent's suggestion changed VSEDGES to 0, but then all outlines invisible only panes with different shade of grey.

I have tried also make changes to the Properties without success.

Visual settings.jpg

There must be something I missed.

What are you referring to by the words "outlines" and "panes"? Are you talking about the flat two dimensional windows? You do realize that the majority of the inside of your building is one big solid and that the windows are basically drawn on the front and side faces. You cannot peer into them and see the building's interior. Nothing about the windows is really 3D.

rkent's suggestion does work.

VSEDGES0.jpg

Edited by ReMark

There is something strange going on with your model. When I isolate that curved piece, the image below is what I see. This is all one piece and is listed as a 3D Solid. I'm not sure what's happening here, but you might want to reconstruct that piece.

Odd.jpg

There is something strange going on with your model. When I isolate that curved piece, the image below is what I see. This is all one piece and is listed as a 3D Solid. I'm not sure what's happening here, but you might want to reconstruct that piece.

That curved piece is modeled by Polysolid because of failure Extrude from Polyline, I used other route to get me the model. But it still can't explain why the line between the far left wall and the shorter pillar is visible.

rkent. Sorry that I do know understand your procedure.

ReMark. My problem is the visible lines after 3D Solids union not the window lines.

Thanks guys.

Is this a school project?

The visibility of those lines is the least of your problems. Changes to system variables like VSEDGES cannot make up for poorly constructed models. As suggested previously you should probably consider starting over.

How much AutoCAD experience do you have?

If you have questions about how to create portions of a 3D model then you should ask. There are plenty of long time forum members, here at CADTutor, experienced in 3D to assist you as well as to advise you on proper construction techniques and practices that will only benefit your design.

What are you referring to by the words "outlines" and "panes"? Are you talking about the flat two dimensional windows? You do realize that the majority of the inside of your building is one big solid and that the windows are basically drawn on the front and side faces. You cannot peer into them and see the building's interior. Nothing about the windows is really 3D.

rkent's suggestion does work.

[ATTACH]60639[/ATTACH]

The resulted drawing is difficult to understand.

VSEDGES=0.jpg

You can't have it both ways meaning you can't get rid of some of the lines that seem to be causing you such anguish and keep others. Your current drawing in and of itself is difficult to understand.

Now please answer the two questions I previously asked.

You can't have it both ways meaning you can't get rid of some of the lines that seem to be causing you such anguish and keep others. Your current drawing in and of itself is difficult to understand.

Now please answer the two questions I previously asked.

Hi ReMark

No this is not a school project.

Over 10 years on and off AutoCAD experience. :cry:

Well it doesn't seem like much of that was in 3D. What field do you work in? Are you remodeling an existing building or attempting to design a new one? How much construction and/or architectural experience do you have?

Let's try again shall we?

What field do you work in? Are you remodeling an existing building or attempting to design a new one? How much construction and/or architectural experience do you have?

[ATTACH]60646[/ATTACH]

Why Extrude the Magenta Polyline object is not possible?

Because somewhere along the way when you created that profile it intersected with itself (ex. - could be overlapping ends of lines) and AutoCAD won't extrude what it calls a "self-intersecting curve."

BTW...I found the offending curve but unless you look closely it won't be readily apparent. You need to brush up on your 2D skills.