Need advice on converting .PAD files to .DWG! HELP!

tmelancon

We have a new client who has a disaster of plans, some of them .dwg and some of them this odd .pad file format. For the life of me I cannot find anything on this file type nor can I convert it to dwg which is what I need to complete this leg of work. Can someone pleas chime in and assist me on getting these properly converted if you have prior knowledge.

Thanks so much in advance to everyone in the CadTutor community!

What business is your client in?

Are you sure of the file type?

Did someone specifically tell you the .pad file was of a drawing? Could it be a data file of some type?

Corel's ArtDabbler program produced .pad files but it was an entry level natural painting program which isn't anything I would associate with creating a drawing. At one time ArtDabbler was bundled with Wacom graphics tablets.

It is offshore oil & gas platforms. These .PAD files in particular are pipe rack details showing the piping throughout the entire facility.

Yes, they are actual piping rack drawing details. I have a super old view called PDMS Plot Viewer that I am using to open and print as a pdf using the Adobe PDF printer driver. Thats about as far as i've gotten into this.