drawing exercise question

solid654321

hi there, im newb and just starting CAD, i spent a whole morning still cant figure out how to draw this about the R30 arc part, does anyone could help me?

thanks!!

未命名.png

You know that start of r10 arc is 45 up so draw a circle r10 like wise draw a circle r10 20 up from botom move each of these top 10 right and bottom 10 left. Use "Circle" then type TTR, tangent tangent radius, pick circle 1, pick circle 2 then enter radius 30 use trim to clean up.

I am sure others will offer some arc solutions also but will still need the ttr option.

hi Bigal, thanks for reply, actually i have 2 questions of this exercise, the second one is the intersect point of 22 and 24 line at the middle right, if i draw the R30 as you said, i have to did it first.

thanks

Re: R30 arc. Yep, as usual the student is given just enough information but not all of it. It happens in a couple of other places too. My approach was to tackle the problem from both ends leaving the last three arcs (R10, R30, & R10) for last. This is what I did.

DWGEX1.jpg

DWGEX2.jpg

DWGEX3.jpg

Edited by ReMark
  • Like 1

hi ReMark, wow! its impressive!

very clear of way to do this!

you inspired me the thing could be solved by separate to different parts first,

thanks!!

but how could i know the construction line of the big circle intersect the line 22 and 24?

(i hope this is the last thing, haha)

DWGEX2.jpg

hi ReMark, wow! its impressive!

very clear of way to do this!

you inspired me the thing could be solved by separate to different parts first,

thanks!!

but how could i know the construction line of the big circle intersect the line 22 and 24?

(i hope this is the last thing, haha)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]60677[/ATTACH]

Since I gave you the image in post #6 that provides the missing information to the three arcs on the left you could easily work your way down the left side, across the bottom then back around to the right and you should end up with the line that is 24 units long touching the OD of the largest circle.

Maybe this will help. I apologize for the quality of the image. Basically your are locking the position of the geometry vertically by the distance of 45 units, establishing a temporary reference line then moving all the geometry until the upper end point of the 24 unit long line meets at the intersection of the OD of the largest circle and the temp reference line.

DWGEX5.jpg

i didnt even thought about make a temp reference line like this!

You'll probably love the XLINE command and it's options then.

(Horizontal, Vertical, & Offset are the most often usefull).

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/AutoCAD-Core/files/GUID-40650DCE-E8CA-483C-8E25-7FA9AB6992C1-htm.html