printing

wonderpriya

What drawing(s) are you referring to?

Are they 2D or 3D?

Have you made use of at least one layout with at least one viewport?

What printers are available to you or will you be printing to a PDF file format?

Your question is too vague to give any definitive answers. We need more information.

Unfortunately I am not on my CAD computer so I cannot view your drawings. I'm assuming by your question (What is a viewport?) that you did not make use of a layout and therefore you would be printing from model space. Do you have a title block and border created?

What size paper will you be printing to?

What scale will you be printing to?

Should each drawing be in a separate file to print? Or can there be many drawings in one file when printing? What is scale when printing? The size is very large.

He's told me to print out my drawings.

Who is "He"? Your teacher? Boss? Client? If it is your teacher, he should have already discussed viewports and drawing scale with the class. You can't print your drawings if you don't know how to set up a viewport to scale. If this is something you're doing at your job, how is it that you don't know what viewports are or what drawing scale is? How long have you been using Autocad?

Take a look here: https://www.mycadsite.com/tutorials/level_2/layout-tabs-plotting-autocad-paper-space-2-8.htm

I opened both drawings and now I recognize who you are (the student with the 3D move problem & 2D isometrics). I doubt I will be able to help you with printing the drawings. My one suggestion would be to create a title block and border then decide if it will be used in model space or if you'll utilize a layout and one or more viewports. A layout viewport is merely a window through which the user can view his or her geometry, etc. that sits back in model space. Viewports are assigned a scale; you do NOT scale objects in model space.

Edited by ReMark

The net disconnected for some time, that's reason could'nt reply sooner "He" is teacher His assistant said select the picture and print it But the shop doesnt have autocad To print it , ho do I save it? the doubleu key is not orking I have been using autocad since 1 year but as suffering from psychosis so effectively since Dec 19 last year Thanks

So, do you have a printer or not? Do you have to physically print the drawing to paper or give the instructor a .PDF file?

What do you mean "the shop doesn't have AutoCAD to print it"?

I have to make a report in A3 paper My brother has a printer but he is saying print it in the shop But the shop on't have autocad so ho do I open it there?

You can create a .PDF file which the shop could then use to print a paper copy.

The shop doesn't need AutoCAD to open your drawing. They could do it with a FREE viewer available at the AutoDesk website called DWG TrueView.

Edited by ReMark

Personally I would but if it was not stated as being part of the requirement for submission I guess you could leave it off. In a couple of the AutoCAD classes I took one of the very first assignments was for every student to create a title block and border along with a logo. This was to be used for the submission of every assignment and our final project. The reason was it would make our presentations look more professional. Students who took pride in what they did most likely used class drawings as part of their portfolios to show prospective employers.