Scaling Problems!?! Model/Paper Space

katherine1992

Hi there,

I was hoping someone cold help me

I am just going through changing the scale of my drawings and for some reason the objects in my model space are now coming up huge in the paper space!?

The model space is set to 1:1

I have also gone through and changed all the paper space views with viewports to 1:1

I am really not sure what is wrong I have attached some pictures to make it a little clearer.

Any help would be really appreciated

picture 1.jpg

picture 2.jpg

Are you using annotative scaling?

Can you attach a copy of the .dwg file to your next post so we can have a look at it ourselves?

BTW...are you using AutoCAD MEP 2017?

Hey,

you'll have to forgive me I'm not a pro at CAD so I'm not too sure what the annotative scaling is?

I would have attached the DWG but it keeps saying the file is too big I have however attached this as a dropbox link I hope this is okay

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6kdjzlbobmegyjt/AACmc-20oFDLE2XR5EfqpbM6a?dl=0

And yes I am using AutoCAD MEP 2017 but I have been using AutoCAD 2016 as well as this

Many thanks

Did you create the drawing or was it created by an outside company?

So far all I have been able to determine is the object is described as an AECB_Device which means nothing to me. Can you tell me what it is?

The architects layout was created by an outside company however I have added the equipment myself using AutoCAD MEP

I am going to assume the AECB_Device will be a light fixture on the drawing

Hope this provides a bit of help

I'm not sure what is going on exactly.

Why was it necessary to change the scale of your drawings?

Did you also happen to change the units from meters to millimeters?

Edited by ReMark

We have basically been given these layouts by the client and I'm unsure what scale they've put it to originally. I am going through each one in the paper space and trying out different scales to see which one would fit an A1 sheet best then amending the scale to suit.

Im trying to scale one of my drawings to 1:150 @ A1 but its just having none of it. Every time it attempts it the paper space goes from the first picture to the second picture (below)

picture 3.jpg

picture 1.jpg

Hey,

When we received the original drawings from the client they didn't come with scales so I have to had to work this out myself and see what scale fitted an A1 sheet best.

Every time i try and scale something on the paper view to 1:150, all the text and objects go massive and bunch together on the model as you could see from the previous image I attached. However when I flick back to the model its all fine so I'm going to guess it has something to do with the scaling on the paper view but I have no idea what

I have also checked the measurements and I believe it is all set to mm's

I have tried absolutely everything now and I'm pulling my hair out :(

When I activate the viewport in the layout previously mentioned and I check the scale it is not set to 1:150 rather it is shown as a percentage with the value of 0.003424. If I check the Properties palette and look under the heading Misc.(at the very bottom) it lists an Annotation scale of 1:50.

So at what point did you add the AEC objects? Before or after you scaled the drawings in model space?

Do you have a copy of the original drawing you received from the architect?

STOP! I may have inadvertently solved your problem.

This is what I did. I opened the drawing and activated the viewport. Next, I opened the Properties palette and went down to where it says Annotation scale and changed it from 1:50 to 1:1. I then changed the viewport scale to 1:150. I repositioned the drawing in the viewport then I locked the viewport display so that I wouldn't accidentally change the viewport scale as I popped into and out of model space via the layout. Try it and let me know if you are successful.

• Thanks 1

• 3 years later...

I have drawing come from other AutoCAD operator. The thing is, the file that I receive, when I measure it, it scale 1:1. and at the bottom it says 1:1.

But when I copy the same drawing on New AutoCAD Drawing, the size is different. it becomes 1:2. Even though the scale indicated on 1:1.

Can I ask what might be the factor for this.

Welcome to CADTutor Jhey.  :)

A good command to use in a situation like this is   -dwgunits  , include the hyphen.

I usually make my commandline window display larger when using it, so that about 10 lines will display.

Read the commandline carefully.  You might want to work on a COPY of your drawing the first time you try using it,

it is a great help.