Copy entity from last position?

tzframpton

Is there a command or variable in AutoCAD in which changes the default position of an entity that's being copied? For instance, if I select a Block and initiate the Copy command, and I want to copy this block several times on the X axis, it's always relative to the original location. What I'd like is for the default location to reset to the last placement. If I want to copy the block five times @ 10" intervals, then I currently have to add 10" to each copy so 10">Enter, 20">Enter, 30">Enter, etc. I'd like to just be able to keep typing 10" and it copies 10" from the last point.

Is there an OOTB solution or is customization required? Thanks!

-TZ

The copy command has an array option "copy>o>a>(number)>(distance)" other than that I think it will be customization, though that would be simple to perform !

That works for for consistent values, which is what my example shows. To clarify I actually want random/arbitrary distances, so this option does not work for me. Thanks for the suggestion though, Steve!

-TZ