Units not available

CadDriver

Hi everyone,

I'm new to AutoCad.

When I type -dwgunits, the list of units display does not show mm as an option for me to choose.

Can someone help please.

Unitless can be used does it matter if its mm cm or m you are drawing with the chosen style 1 =mm or 1 =m 0.001 = 1mm etc. metric is a bit more forgiving here. Side note my 2016 has mm cm & m as choices. You will need to set up text styles and dim styles to suit.

AutoCad 2007 introduced annotative scaling. I think it came in the same release as dynamic blocks. Did it not? If so, no need for multiple dim styles. I seem to remember getting into massive trouble with anno scaling at work back about then.:lol: Anyway, there is always paperspace dimensions at 1:1 scale.

I seem to remember millimeters in there on my 2007, but boy that has been a long time in CAD years. Can you choose mm as paperspace units on your page set up manager? If so, they must be in -dwgunits, right?

Hi everyone,

I'm new to AutoCad.

When I type -dwgunits, the list of units display does not show mm as an option for me to choose.

Can someone help please.

Let's pause for a moment. Are you starting a new drawing and want to work in metric units or did you already create a drawing and want to change from imperial to metric units? And rkent asked you a question to which he has been given no response. Please do him the courtesy of answering. Thank you.