Setting up border properly in paper space!

briwayjones

Ah, yeah! He might be making a joke referring to how it seems like you can never quite get something quite perfect in surveying. It seems like you can get as close to perfect as can be gotten, but just can't get that last hair and get it perfect.
That's why we stop at 2 decimal places. And anyway, then an angry neighbor will actually dig up and relocate a corner marker because his fence is out 0.6 feet.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• briwayjones

• ReMark

• Dana W

• BIGAL

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And anyway, then an angry neighbor will actually dig up and relocate a corner marker because his fence is out 0.6 feet.

Ugg, I fortunately never had to deal with that. Although would get the typical homeowners, "I know where my property line is. It's not here, it's over there."

Ugg, I fortunately never had to deal with that. Although would get the typical homeowners, "I know where my property line is. It's not here, it's over there."
yeah, that corner marker moving incident happened in my own yard after I had done a Lot stake-out in order to get a permit for putting up a covered carport. One backyard neighbor, to my rear right, lost his mind when he found a new corner pipe .6 inside his fence. He then promptly moved it to my side of the fence about a foot to my left, and into my yard, apparently in full view of my right side next door neighbor. The insane back side neighbor waited until I had finished the carport and called the County inspectors office to complain that my carport was too close to the property line, like the Code Enforcement guy was going to use the moved marker to establish the side line, (NOT). Anyway, the Code Dude found my carport to be inside the BRL on the side by a couple inches, which is exactly where I had put it.

When I sold the house, the new owner forced the insane marker mover to move his fence on to his own property. It took a court order but he got it done. The fence was in the way of getting a pool with a 10 foot patio surround installed.