Fonts ARCHD.SHX, ARCHF.SHX, ARCHS.SHX, ARCHT.SHX?

CalypsoArt

I have the fonts ARCHD.SHX, ARCHF.SHX, ARCHS.SHX, ARCHT.SHX in my LT 2017 font folder, however, I don't see them as font choices when placing text. Am I missing something?

And did you shut down then restart AutoCAD?

Yep. Several times. There are other .shx fonts in the folder that do not show up in the text options.

Perhaps you should update your profile re: what program you are using. Right now under your screen name it shows AutoCAD 2008.

OK. Somewhere in the office we have AutoCAD LT 2014 on one of the CAD stations. I can run a test using one of the fonts you mention above to see if it appears on the list of fonts available after it has been copied into the fonts folder. I'm pretty sure I have access to at least a couple of the fonts you mention on my CAD system. Best I can offer at the moment.

Update. Test completed. Result = success.

Actually did the test twice. Once on a system running full AutoCAD 2015 and a second time on a system running AutoCAD LT 2014. Each time the font, ARCHS, was listed directly under the TrueType font named Arabic Typesetting when I invoked the Style command. My copy of the font was created on 8/2/2010 at 4:16 p.m. and is 5KB in size.

As a final test I also copied the font to my AutoCAD 2017 fonts folder. It showed up there as well.

Edited by ReMark

Thanks for reminding me and thanks for your effort. I updated my profile. I'm currently using AC LT2017.

I've checked, there are many .shx fonts in the folder that don't show up in the TextEdit options. I can't remember, but I think I got the fonts from here. https://www.cadcorner.ca/textstyles.php

I work in and industry that is predominantly Mac/VectorWorks. I was looking for an "architectural" font that comes close to theirs.

Well I'm looking at the STYLE dialog box under the Font heading > Font name drop down list. I'd never think to look in TextEdit. Did you happen to assign the font to the Standard text style or did you name a new style? If you named a new style what did you call it?

So I went and tested this new scenario too and the text style I assigned the font to does show up. In my test I actually named the new style ReMark and assigned the ARCHS font to it. There were two other text styles in the drawing and all three were available to me via the Style panel on the contextual MText ribbon. If you are not seeing the same results as I am then I am at a loss to explain why it works for me and not for you. Sorry.

Edited by ReMark

I did a little test, and I think that those fonts are like the curate's egg - good in parts.

I could not see the ARCHD font, but I could see the ARCHS font. Having found that out, I did not do any more testing.

Well I'm looking at the STYLE dialog box under the Font heading > Font name drop down list. I'd never think to look in TextEdit. Did you happen to assign the font to the Standard text style or did you name a new style? If you named a new style what did you call it?

So I went and tested this new scenario too and the text style I assigned the font to does show up. In my test I actually named the new style ReMark and assigned the ARCHS font to it. There were two other text styles in the drawing and all three were available to me via the Style panel on the contextual MText ribbon. If you are not seeing the same results as I am then I am at a loss to explain why it works for me and not for you. Sorry.

Again thanks for your effort. Tried to great a new style. In the font choice dropdown the same .shx fonts are missing. I give up.