troubleshooting quick select

SuzanatParksNYC

I'm not a beginner and I've been working withCad 2016 for about two years, but all of a sudden when I tried to do a quick select on one of my drawings it's not working. After selecting the item, Entire drawing, Multiple, Layer, then the layer value and name. Check off Include in new selection set. It deselects and says there are no selections. This is a new thing, I haven't encountered before, and it just started happening in this file. Not my other ones for the same project.

I think you might need to upload the drawing so someone could take a look, but as a wild guess is it a large drawing, could there be thousands of items in the returned selection set, if so take a look at the Autocad options on the selection tab there is an option to set the max number of objects for the properties palette (left hand side), setting that to zero will allow an unlimited amoount, it is set at 25000 by default, and anything above that it will show "no selection"

+1 Sounds like a good hypothesis steven-g! :beer:

In 2013, it says that the maximum selection set for properties is 32,757.

selection maximum properties set.JPG

Edited by Dadgad

I tried your suggestions, and thought I had it, but that didn't work. This just came out of nowhere because I use this function pretty regularly. How do I attach or upload a file here

Start by clicking on the Go Advanced button. Note: there is a file size limit. If your drawing exceeds it then the next best option would be to upload the drawing to a file sharing website like DropBox then post a link to it here.