Question about Layer Properties Dialogue Box

timgabe1992

Hello all,

I'm brand-new at this, so I apologize if this is a stupid question.

Normally, my AutoCAD screen looks like this:

However - and I'm not sure how - as I was using the "Layer properties" dialogue box, that box somehow got snapped to the main toolbar, like so:

Can anyone tell me how I can reverse this process? I would like the "Layer properties" button to open up a dialogue box when I click on it, not for it to open on the toolbar.

Thank you!

-TG

attachment.php?attachmentid=60754&cid=1&stc=1

^This is the way it is now.

attachment.php?attachmentid=60755&cid=1&stc=1

This is the way I want it to look, and I would like the Layer Properties dialogue box to actually open a dialogue box, and not have it as part of the main toolbar.

problem.jpg

original.jpg

Apologies - I keep trying to upload the image files, but it says they are "too large", even though they are only a few KB. Ideas?
Yes, click the Go Advanced button first, then click the paperclip icon, browse, upload, done. Most things are too small, unless you hit the Go Advanced button first.

The images will not sit in among the text of your message automatically. They fall to the bottom, but you may be able to ctrl+x, ctrl+v them to the right places by editing the text window.

Can you not simply drag & drop it off the ribbon?