Bleeding between two solid hatches

connorhagan

We've been struggling with a strange issue. Our company logo prints fine on regular paper, and on certain printers on mylar, but on our HP Designjet T920 one part of the logo comes out distorted and blurry when printing on mylar. Basically we have the word "Group" as a solid hatch, and then behind it we have a solid hatch background. Here is what I've noticed/tried:

- Removing the solid hatch background behind the word "Group" completely fixes the issue, however it isn't an acceptable solution because they want the logo to have the background

- Turning the background to be a gradient between one color fixes the issue. Unfortunately it then ignores our color plotting rules and doesn't really work.

- Creating a spacing between the word "Group" hatch and the background hatch seems to have no effect.

So to me it seems like the issue is related to how solid hatches are drawn when plotting. Has anyone had similar experience with this or knows of any other solutions we could maybe try out, or maybe some hints to send us in the right direction?

I've read a few other posts about this issue, but most seem to be about printing to PDF.

Does it make a difference if you print the logo from a PDF or image file?

Some plotters have a setting for printing to Mylar. Don't know if that will help in this case.

Interesting idea with the PDF or Image file, I'm going to try that next.

The paper setting on the plotter is set to Mylar, so I wouldn't think the paper setting is the issue in this case.