Polylines Not Working with Zoom Extents

I've attached a drawing that has two 2D Polylines on a specific layer. Normally you could Zoom Extents and it would zoom in to those two lines, but for some reason these two don't work correctly. I figured out that you could change the layer, or Decurve and then Spline Fit, you don't have to do both, and they would work properly.

I can't seem to figure out why that's the case. I can't seem to tell anything different between them and the other polylines I've created for other drawings, other than the layer. So I know the solution but if anyone could explain what's happening that would be great!

Thanks!

NW-Broken Lines.dwg

Welcome to CADTutor Aes. :)

I am using Autocad 2013, and your drawing opened without incident.

Zoom, either by double clicking on the mouse wheel, or by Zoom, Extents is working as expected.

Are you aware that the elevations are different?

I didn't need to change anything.

I also tried using Zoom, ALL, and in that case the zoom was erroneous, which surprised me. :huh:

Hmm.. I didn't realize they were on two different elevations, I changed them both to 0 and that didn't seem to change anything with the Zoom issue I was having.

I think it might just be the Curve Fit setting they are both on. That adds an "Area" property that I haven't noticed before on an open Polyline, and if I change the "Curve Fit" property to anything besides Curve Fit it seems fine, but as soon as I change it back it goes back to the weird Zoom.

I attached a screenshot to show the view that I'm getting after I zoom extents.

Image 007.jpg

I opened your drawing twice. The first time I did I immediately did a Zoom > All. No problem. The second time I did I immediately did a Zoom > Extents. No problem. I did not change the elevation (btw...negative) of either line.

I opened your drawing twice. The first time I did I immediately did a Zoom > All. No problem. The second time I did I immediately did a Zoom > Extents. No problem. I did not change the elevation (btw...negative) of either line.

I have a few coworkers that have opened it as well and they also have the same issue I'm having. Weird..

OK. I'll repeat both tests again. Wait right there....I'll be back!

Done. Did not experience the problem you described no matter if I zoom > extents or zoom > all. Are you in something other than a top view (maybe an isometric view)?

No, I'm in Top View.

I did get the original drawing from a client's survey team so maybe whatever program they used to create the drawing isn't wanting to work with my version of autocad.

Oh well, I know how to fix it so it's not too big of a deal. I was just curious if anyone knew why it was happening. Thanks for the help!