Need help about fire alarm design in autocad 2014.

rajib_dhk143

Hello

I just started working in a fire detection and protection company. I never used autocad before. I just installed autocad 2014 in my laptop. How can I start learning fire alarm system design?

I saw some design there smoke detector, heat detector, manual call point, control module, control panel etc are shown. I u understand the spacing between detectors but I couldn't find the symbols of these devices in autocad 2014. For example the symbol of smoke detectors are a green circle inside SD is written.

Where I can find these symbol in autocad 2014? Suppose I open a building architecture CAD drawing then how I can find the detectors symbol and how to connect them.

Please explain me step step procedure as I never used autocad before.

Thanks

there are none that i know of included with autocad.

i used to do FA design. best thing is to make your own. Look into making them dynamic & use them from a Tool Palette with properties set so they always end up on the correct layer.

pm me your email & i will send my ones.

Shouldn't you first learn how to use AutoCAD before you start designing?

AutoCAD does not ship with many symbols and the ones that are included do not cover the field you are working in. The few ways of obtaining symbols that I know of are...

1. Create your own.

2. Rely on the generosity of others and hope someone gives you a copy of the symbols they created.

3. Do an online search and hope you can find symbols that work inside AutoCAD and that you can download them for free.

4. Buy a symbol library.

Looks like number 2 is where you have landed at the moment. If you don't get all the symbols that you will end up needing then my advice would be to create the missing symbols using the ones you have as a guide for doing so.

mike: The OP does not have enough posts under his belt to PM you.

Ok they finally loaded I couldn't type a message and load blocks very weird. These are blocks I made for my drawings, they are dynamic but easy to use once you play with them. I created visibility states so I wont have to kept inserting different blocks for the different size candela. I have more blocks I can upload just kept watching this thread.

You will need this one it's a photo electric smoke detector with dynamic properties. You can place this and it will have the 30 foot makers and a marker for 21 foot off a wall. Play around with what I gave you and if you have any questions just post them here.

photosmokeanalog.dwg

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 02/03/2017 at 21:04, mikekmx said:

there are none that i know of included with autocad.

i used to do FA design. best thing is to make your own. Look into making them dynamic & use them from a Tool Palette with properties set so they always end up on the correct layer.

pm me your email & i will send my ones.

Please send me a fire alarm system riser diagram and how to make a block and create wires to interconnect them.i have interview in a week please help me out.

On 09/08/2019 at 12:29, Aamir said:

Please send me a fire alarm system riser diagram and how to make a block and create wires to interconnect them.i have interview in a week please help me out.

mikekmx hasn't visited this forum in the last two years. Unlikely you'll get a response.