Please help with making contours from points

skills12345

I am new to the Civil 3D game (familiar with AutoCAD 2009) and I am having some troubles getting contours to work. So far I have imported some survey data in .txt format and have all my points displaying properly.

Now what I would like to know how to do is:

1.) Make the text size of the labels larger

2.) Get Civil 3D to draw contour lines at 0.5m intervals between my elevation points.

Thank you for any help.

Depending on how your labels are set up you will change the size in the label style composer (right-click your style in the toolspace > settings > point > label styles) OR simply by adjusting the drawing scale in the drawing settings (right-click your drawing in toolspace > settings tab > edit drawing settings).

Your contour intervals are set in your surface style under toolspace > settings tab > surface > surface styles > right-click surface > edit > contours tab > contour intervals.

• 4 years later...

I have accomplished it by doing the following (it is a "manual" way to do it, but it gives me what I need)

Prospector Tab> Surfaces>Right Click on your Surface>Add label >Choose the desired option and click "add"> manually select what contour you want labeled and a label appears.

I hope this helps