Pipes & Fittings

trajcheblue

Can anyone help me find some blocks of pipe fittings for DESIGN CENTAR, which will be easy to use.

I have found some but every fitting is in different cad document.

Can anyone help me find some blocks of pipe fittings for DESIGN CENTER, which will be easy to use.

I have found some but every fitting is in different cad document.

And, what kind of piping do you need?

Try this free CD, most likely, all you need! :wink:

https://shop.charlottepipe.com/lit/category.aspx?categoryid=26&openid=26

It sounds like you are looking for a CAD piping symbol library right?

What types of pipe fittings do you normally use?

I need library for metal molded fittings with flanches. (I don't know haw are they called in english right).

And sth else. I need (if it is possible to find) interactive blocks.

Ex.

If I need elbow 45 deg., I choose it from the design center and when it appears in the model, I would like to be able to change the dimension on the part (50mm ; 63mm; 75mm; 90mm ect)

by the way, thanks for the links above.

trajcheblue, welcome to the forums!

What material do you require? Steel flanged fittings?

Attached *.dwg file cutaways of fittings, bolt hole flanges, DI cast.

The *.pdf file has some dimension "stuff", all ANSI dimensions. :wink:

The *.dwg file I made 'bout 10+ years ago, not great but it'll get you goin'.

If you don't need the cutaway, and lining, just delete as required.

LINEDFITTINGS-GENERIC.dwg

LINEDFITTINGS-GENERIC.pdf

• 2 years later...

Hello everyone, I'm an engeneering student.

For the last project of the career I must do a soap factory.

I just learn that is possible to draw pipes and valves "easily" in AutoCAD.

As ReMark said, I'm looking for a CAD piping symbol library.

I tried many links, even some which were in an other thread but after opening them, they open the normal AutoCAD workspace but always without the piping symbol.

If anyone could give me a clue, I would be grateful.

Cheers, and greetings

I will try 3D, but since I'm a begginner. You never know.

It was intended to be 2D, but soap making involves many levels of machinery so I was evaluating it.

Have you even worked in 3D?

How complex were you planning on getting with this soap factory? I work for a small specialty chemical manufacturing company and I can tell you that creating tanks, piping, motor, pumps and valves is no simple task. Of course, with the right program (one that includes many of the necessary "parts" already pre-made) the task would be a bit easier.

OK, I get the message..

Well, the level of complexity is that of giving all the pipes and valves messures, tanks, pumps, fans, the power of them, and other things but is not compulsory to make it 3D (We are not thaught that in faculty.)

I was maybe fooled with hope that making it 3D would be pice of cake by watching some tutorials in youtub but it's true that complexity increase easily when we are in 3D.

So, I will again consider 2D somehow

Nevertheles, I will enrole myself in a course of AutoCAD because it's passionating everything it can be done if we know how!

Thankyou very much ReMark

Thanks for yours quik answers

Doing this in 2D then will require a floor plan for locating your major equipment and piping relative to the building. Then you'll have to include a couple of interior elevations. Do you know what I am talking about?

I'm not sure. (because of the language barier) But I guess yes.

The elevations are the stores. Which in our case are about 4 stores.

Yes, the "stories" or "levels". You would have to show the elevations in a couple of different directions as your piping changes. Doing all that in 2D is a task that requires some attention to detail because you could show a pipe at the wrong elevation (height) or location when changing direction. That's why doing it in 3D makes more sense. But I doubt you are ready for that?

When is this project due?

In July we have to rend a general lay out. That is, without all the piping and details. Just the spaces the machines in their place, the boiler, the product storage but not the piping nor details. In November we have to have the last version with all details.

Then I suggest you look for 2D piping blocks for all your valves and fittings. Sources for these types of blocks can vary from manufacturers, companies that specialize in creating block libraries, and even other CAD users who upload their blocks to AutoCAD-related websites and make them available as free downloads. You may even be able to find some of the equipment you need, like pumps, from the same sources. Tanks you'll have to draw up on your own since their size and configuration can vary widely. You'll also have to consider the building itself. Will you be showing any of the structural components? How about platforms, walkways and/or pipe trestles?

Yes, we will have to show the structural components, platforms and everything. But that will come alone.

By now then, I'm like in your quote from The Police ...

Thankyou again!

Bye now Pato.

Yes, the quote from the Police is certainly appropriate for a help site like this.

Good luck in your project. If and when you have any further questions just return to CADTutor and start a new thread.

You're entirely welcomed my friend. :)