Audit...what if?

madriver

I run audit and it comes up with (Total errors found 1 fixed 0). So how can I fix the error and how do I determine what that error is?

When you are running the AUDIT command select Y for FIX ANY ERRORS DETECTED. :)

I don't know how you determine what it was.

If you do a PURGE before you AUDIT, you will want to do a PURGE again after,

at which point you may discover that suddenly you have some entities which are now eligible for purging, perhaps a layer, dimstyle or the like.

Purge all, then SAVE.

When you are running the AUDIT command select Y for do you want to fix errors. :)

I don't know how you determine what it was.

yep...I run audit and enter (y) to fix. But yeah...what the heck is the damn error that it doesn't fix?

Just one error?

Before running AUDIT did you try running the command line version of PURGE?

Yes...I purge, selective. I will save file file as a temp and purge all. Let you kno if that works. But...is there a way to determine what the error is?

Yes...I purge, selective. I will save file file as a temp and purge all. Let you kno if that works. But...is there a way to determine what the error is?

At the commandline don't use PURGE, but rather -PURGE.

Probably REGAPPS.

when I re-run audit on the file in question, it comes back with zero problems. So running audit twice sems to solve the problem. Dadgad...I have several purge routines. I run a purge all before sending my files out. Anyway...thnks for the help. Still, I wish you could determine what the error is.

when I re-run audit on the file in question, it comes back with zero problems. So running audit twice sems to solve the problem. Dadgad...I have several purge routines. I run a purge all before sending my files out. Anyway...thnks for the help. Still, I wish you could determine what the error is.

The regular PURGE command, even when you select PURGE ALL won't clear out REGAPPS, which the commandline only version of '-PURGE' (the leading hyphen is the key) will.

The regular PURGE command, even when you select PURGE ALL won't clear out REGAPPS, which the commandline only version of '-PURGE' (the leading hyphen is the key) will.

Thank you! I will add it to my routines. Another issue...I have a reocurring issue with layer filters (100's) populating my drawings. I use the DLF lisp routine to clear them out, and I try and clean out blocks and templates. But it still happens on a regular basis. Any thoughts on how I can get rid of this scurge permanently?

Thank you! I will add it to my routines. Another issue...I have a reocurring issue with layer filters (100's) populating my drawings. I use the DLF lisp routine to clear them out, and I try and clean out blocks and templates. But it still happens on a regular basis. Any thoughts on how I can get rid of this scurge permanently?

I'm not sure off the top of my head whether _PURGE will zap them or not, but it is certainly worth running a test on one of your drawings.

Here is how ReMark suggests (if I am not mistaken) using the _PURGE command, and you can see all the things it checks and deletes.

Then I AUDIT, SAVE, PURGE and SAVE again.

If you want to make your drawing cleaner still, set your ISAVEPERCENT to zero before you start your final assault on the dead wood in your file. :)

Command: -PURGE

Enter type of unused objects to purge

[blocks/Dimstyles/Groups/LAyers/LTypes/MAterials/MUltileaderstyles/Plotstyles/SH

apes/textSTyles/Mlinestyles/Tablestyles/Visualstyles/Regapps/Zero-length

geometry/Empty text objects/All]: r

Enter name(s) to purge :

Verify each name to be purged? [Yes/No] : n

Deleting registered application "ACAD_DSTYLE_DIMJOGGED_JOGANGLE_SYMBOL".

Deleting registered application "ACAD_DSTYLE_DIMRADIAL_EXTENSION".

Deleting registered application "ACAD_EXEMPT_FROM_CAD_STANDARDS".

Deleting registered application "ACAD_MLEADERVER".

Deleting registered application "AcLayerTools".

Deleting registered application "ADE".

Deleting registered application "AME_SOLVIEW".

Deleting registered application "RAK".

8 registered applications deleted.

Command: -PURGE

Enter type of unused objects to purge

[blocks/Dimstyles/Groups/LAyers/LTypes/MAterials/MUltileaderstyles/Plotstyles/SH

apes/textSTyles/Mlinestyles/Tablestyles/Visualstyles/Regapps/Zero-length

geometry/Empty text objects/All]: a

Enter name(s) to purge :

Verify each name to be purged? [Yes/No] : n

No unreferenced blocks found.

No unreferenced layers found.

No unreferenced linetypes found.

No unreferenced text styles found.

No unreferenced shape files found.

No unreferenced dimension styles found.

No unreferenced mlinestyles found.

No unreferenced plotstyles found.

No unreferenced table styles found.

No unreferenced materials found.

No unreferenced visual styles found.

No unreferenced multileader styles found.

No unreferenced groups found.

Command: Specify opposite corner or [Fence/WPolygon/CPolygon]:

Still, I wish you could determine what the error is.

I can't verify this at the moment but I believe audit reports any errors to you at the command line. Hit F2 to toggle your AutoCAD Text window.

I can't verify this at the moment but I believe audit reports any errors to you at the command line. Hit F2 to toggle your AutoCAD Text window

That would correct.

Command: _audit
Fix any errors detected? [Yes/No] <N>: y

Auditing Header

Auditing Tables

Auditing Entities Pass 1
Pass 1 3200    objects audited
[b][color=red]AcDbLeader(48139) annotation id Bad mtext id            Disable annotation[/color][/b]
[b][color=red][/color][/b][b][color=red]AcDbLeader(4813B)   annotation id Bad mtext id          Disable annotation[/color][/b]
[b][color=red][/color][/b][b][color=red]AcDbLeader(4813D)   annotation id Bad mtext id          Disable annotation[/color][/b]
Pass 1 7600    objects audited
Auditing Entities Pass 2
Pass 2 7600    objects audited
Auditing Blocks

220     Blocks audited
[b][color=red]Total errors found 3 fixed 3[/color][/b]
Erased 0 objects