Help needed with a Macro please

Cad2762

Hi All

I cave created a new drop down menu using the Customize User Interface in AutoCad 2011 called Load Aerial Photography with a sub menu called Insert Tiles.

When selecting my new menu I would like to have a macro that browses to where our JPEG Aerial Photos are kept on our network.

At the moment I have to select the AutoCad pull down:-

Insert, Raster Image Referance then browse to M:\DATA\AERIAL_PHOTOS\2012\84235\RGB_10cm_1km_Jpeg_Tiles

If there is a user on this Forum who can put together a Macro that will browse to the above filepath I would be very grateful as I'm really getting nowhere with this.

Thanks

Paul

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cad2762

• ReMark

• Tuns

• dbroada

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is it possible that the slashes have to go the other way? Like this: / instead of like this \.

According to a reference book I have the "/" character is used to define directories. Ex. - C:/0000/bolt.dwg

Is it possible that the slashes have to go the other way? Like this: / instead of like this \.

The example I have given Isnt my attempt at writing the Macro its the long handed way of inserting a raster image into a drawing, what I need is someone with Macro experiance to put together a piece of Macro code that will look to the file path I have provided, hope that makes sense.

You are writing a path to a directory. Reverse the slash.

Thats the point i'm not writing anything as I don't have the experiance to write Macros, if you look at a macro it has instructins like (defun c:/ (((****)) etc

Here is an example of a complex macro (courtesy of CADTech Seminars).

^C^C_-layer;make;TAGS;color;red;;;_-insert;c:/blocks/tag.dwg;\96;96;;\_insert;c:/blocks/scale96.dwg;$m=$(getvar,lastpoint);96;96;;_pline;$m=$(getvar,lastpoint);w;1;;\;_insert;c:/block/tag2.dwg;end;\96;96;;\\plinewid;0;

If you are looking at something like this...

(defun c:addtxt ( / i n r s )

...then aren't you using a lisp routine not a macro?

This is c copy from my CUI where it says Macro in the properties box (if c:a4comm nil (load "c:/data/lisp/a4comm"));a4comm;

Would you know how to put a Macro together that allow my to insert my JPEG using Insert, Raster Image Referance M:\DATA\AERIAL_PHOTOS\2012\84235\RGB_10cm_1km_Jpeg _Tiles?

That's your comeback? We're beyond that now. I wrote what I considered to be a macro that will insert a jpeg located according to the path you provided. All you have to do is add the complete file name, add the macro to your CUI and test.

How's this?

^C^C-insert;M:/DATA/AERIAL_PHOTOS/2012/84235/RGB_10cm_1km_Jpeg_Tiles/insert tile name with file type here;

Thanks but I had tried this already, I think the problem is -insert only allows .dwg and .dxf and not jpeg files, to get a raster image in you have to use insert, Raster Image Referance or imageattach

-image;attach;M:/DATA/AERIAL_PHOTOS/2012/84235/RGB_10cm_1km_Jpeg _Tiles;\1;0;

How about this? Make sure the file path and image name is correct.