title block basic setup - dwg vs dwt - etc

adnet23

i've learned a few different techniques for making an affective title block but i want to weigh in on what you guys think as I have not mastered this yet.

Right now i'm drawing my title block linework and permanent text in model space. then I xref that file into paper space of drawing for each layout/sheet. I use fields for the unique text on each page. I copy and paste these fields into each layout/sheet. I don't see too much of an issue here, however its a little time consuming to copy and paste these fields every time i make a new layout/sheet.

Is there a simple way to insert my title block xref and insert these fields in one step? I think this is where the dwt file comes into play but i dont know. whats the difference between dwt and dwg?

What if i want to shift the position of the sheet number on every page? Can we setup the title block to allow one to shift the sheet number once and apply the change to every page?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Instead of creating a "NEW" layout, import or copy one that already has the XREF and the FIELDS.

Thanks Rob, This makes sense. What about changing the position of a "field" on every page. Is this possible? Im sure I cant be the only one that ever wanted to accomplish this, however Im not able to find a good answer on the web. Being that I don't really know what a DWT is than I have to assume this might be the answer.

What if i want to shift the position of the sheet number on every page? Can we setup the title block to allow one to shift the sheet number once and apply the change to every page?

might be possible using viewports.