Penn Foster Student Suffering with Oleson Village Map!!!

AutoCad Student

ReMark ive tried reading over this and am pretty far in this project at the moment I was trying to message you but only came to this site for this project and still don't know how it works was wondering if I could get some of your help.

well the question with this project I have at the moment (just finished the curved street with lot 7 and 8 ). is what color are the fine lines between the road and buffer area supposed to be. there is a sidewalk layer which I thought was cyan but some pictures ive seen they are magenta and just wanted some clarification then also should I work on the road that goes north above the one line or do the tree blocks first.

I thought all that information was included in the project description. I'm not on my CAD system at the moment so I cannot look it up.

MG, i left mine white and the curb I used color #9 fallow the book This project is not too difficult. Have you seen the posts I put up?

• 3 weeks later...

Okay after sitting down to work on this the past 2 days ive gotten all the lines drawn (I hope) ive resized and moved all the trees, drawn all the outsides and after reading through the pages again all I have left and am confused on is where the Benchmark symbol goes (have it drawn), the labeling I cant seem to find the Roman simplex and duplex to set the style settings to, the north arrow (what am I supposed to draw and put where), and the last thing is the title block (back in High school it was a file we just inserted around the drawing) now im not sure what to use.

On a side note it took some time for me to decipher the wording of the packet as reading is not my strong suite but am glad with how much I have done now and this page has helped a gigantic amount as well.

Okay after sitting down to work on this the past 2 days ive gotten all the lines drawn (I hope) ive resized and moved all the trees, drawn all the outsides and after reading through the pages again all I have left and am confused on is where the Benchmark symbol goes (have it drawn), the labeling I cant seem to find the Roman simplex and duplex to set the style settings to, the north arrow (what am I supposed to draw and put where), and the last thing is the title block (back in High school it was a file we just inserted around the drawing) now im not sure what to use.

On a side note it took some time for me to decipher the wording of the packet as reading is not my strong suite but am glad with how much I have done now and this page has helped a gigantic amount as well.

did you look at my post? screen shots?

The benchmark symbol is located on the street line intersection of SW Oleson Road and SW Washington Street. This is displayed on any number of images showing Plate 1 of the Oleson Village project posted here at CADTutor in the Student Project Questions forum.

Roman simplex and Roman duplex are identified by the font names of Romans and Romand respectively.

Re: north arrow. You can draw/use any north arrow you care to choose. It can be simple or elaborate. A simple Internet search using the words "north arrow" should turn up dozens upon dozens of representative symbols. Pick one or design your own unique version.

Instructions for creating the title block and border are included in the project description. Do we really have to tell you what page they can be found on? Look on page 16 under the heading "Preparing the Plat Map for Plotting."

If reading comprehension is not your strong point then pick up the phone and contact your instructor. That's part of what you are paying you tuition/fees for. Demand your moneysworth.

• Like 1

How exactly do I go about rescaling the title block/border? I have been stuck on this for sometime now and once I'm finished with this then I will be complete with the project. Thanks again for all the help that this post has provided.

I see the one post #218 that says "OK I POSTED my finished Olsen village project check it before you submit it to PF." and then the 2 screen shots on the previous page that only have the border with the lots in it but that is all I see from you Hondatek.

There are at least two dozen threads in this forum alone that reference the Oleson Village project. At least half of those contain images. You should easily be able to find three that contain the title block and border. Do not limit yourself to this one thread.

Instructions for drawing the title block and border were included towards the end of the project and not at the beginning.

I appreciate your help Hondatek but im just going to submit it with what ive got done because I could care less at this point I have gotten over 90s on all the test and I got all the drawing done pretty accurately though it took me a month and a half because every time I looked at it I set it aside sitting down to do this and just being told its simple or it in the book or there is several posts online (I currently have 7 different cadtutor oleson village tabs open on my browser) about it did not help me one bit. I have read it 20 times to myself read all the posts over and over again and its probably one silly little command im missing but I just don't care at this point so I just wanted to post on here saying that you for trying to help me some because now everytime I even think about this I get a headache.

I don't understand what the problem is. As far as I can tell all the projects utilize the same title block and border setup meaning you could copy/paste a title block from one drawing to another. Other than that all of your questions have been answered either by me or Hondatek or both of us.