Is there a command to unblock a blocked object?

khoshravan

Is there a command to unblock a blocked object?

I want to modify a blocked object, change the length of a line in a block and I can't do it.

Not sure what you mean by blocked objects? It is about a block not allowed for explosion? Or is just about entities contained in a block definition?

Anyway, to edit items contained in a block, please use the BEDIT command.

Regards,

I am using AutoCad 2007.

As for msasu reply, by blocked objects I mean entities contained in a block definition. I will try bedit command.

you can also click on the block ones and right click and chose block editor..in that window you can make your necessary changes. and then when you are done click on close block editor and make sure you save it...

Bedit works in AC2007 and it brings up "Block Authoring Palettes" with three tabs which is totally odd for me.

I think first I have to read its help menue in AC2007 or if you any suggestion for a better place to learn more on bedit.

For the moment may simply ignore those pallets, are for dynamical blocks. Simply do the required changes and press button to end editing – will be asked chouse to save or discard changes.

Regards,

Wow, I must be really behind the times and out of the loop. I don't see a single response to explode the block (or to be more precise the block reference, otherwise known as an insert object)

Yes it works. Thanks.

If you have more than one occurance of this block in the drawing, all of them will change upon saving the edited block.

explode

it converts blocks back to base elements. If there are attributes you loose the text.

burst

explodes but if there are attributes that have been filled in, these are converted to text

If you have more than one occurance of this block in the drawing, all of them will change upon saving the edited block.

Which method are you talking about? bedit?

Good point. I didn't know that.

explode

it converts blocks back to base elements. If there are attributes you loose the text.

burst

explodes but if there are attributes that have been filled in, these are converted to text

As Patrick mentioned earlier, there was no reply on explode or burst till his post.

Thanks for your input. By unblocking I meant editing it and saving again. For this reason I like the bedit command. But also I learned what is explode and burst as well. Thanks

Which method are you talking about? bedit?

Good point. I didn't know that.

The idea is that for a block you have his definition (which isn’t visible in drawing) and (but not necessary) a number of copies of that definition (block instances). When you modify one of those copy, you affect in fact the block definition, so all instances will be modified. Will see the same effect if you create a new block with the same name of an exiting one.

Regards,

• 4 years later...