LISP files and AutoCAD LT 2012

kippax

We are currently in the midst of an IT meltdown here.

So in the interim I have downloaded the 30 day trial version of AutoCAD LT 2012.

I previously had a very useful LISP file for counting blocks, which I have re-downloaded and now want to and in my temporary installation.

However the 2 methods for this appear unavailable (AppLoad command and Tools > load application)

According to the help file AutoCAD does support what I'm trying to do... I just don't know how.

AutoCAD LT uses support files for purposes such as storing customization definitions, loading AutoLISP and ObjectARX applications, and describing text fonts

It can be done but I have not tried it. Not for free and it comes from Australia so jusy FYI.

http://www.cad.com.au/drcauto/lt-toolkit/lt-toolkit.htm#overview

"LT Toolkit is the leading enhancement tool for AutoCAD® providing the ability to load and run Fast-Load AutoLISP files (.fas), Visual LISP Executable files (.vlx), AutoLISP files (.lsp), ObjectARX files (.arx), and ObjectDBX files (.dbx)."

Edit: Oops, I don't see 2012 in the list. Might not work then.

I didn't think the LT Toolkit was available any longer.

Looks like the original company went out of business and their assets were bought buy another. Looks like development has stopped as they don't have current versions nor a copy working under Win7 74-bit. Shame as I demoed another of their add-ons a few years ago and it worked pretty good.

My boss is currently asking me to undertake a trial of AutoCAD LT 2012, i also have a couple of handy lisp files that i like to use. I guess i'll have to fight to keep the full version!

Cheers Guys.

• 2 weeks later...
We are currently in the midst of an IT meltdown here.

So in the interim I have downloaded the 30 day trial version of AutoCAD LT 2012.

I previously had a very useful LISP file for counting blocks, which I have re-downloaded and now want to and in my temporary installation.

However the 2 methods for this appear unavailable (AppLoad command and Tools > load application)

According to the help file AutoCAD does support what I'm trying to do... I just don't know how.

Google an add-on product called "CADSTA Max" might help.