substation design using autocad

bpp

Iwant to do a project on substation design using auto cad. what are the aspects which i need to consider for such design and how can I implement that using auto cad.

The necessary details can be sent to me at bishwajyoti.dumdum@gmail.com

Much will depend on how much actual Autocad experience you have. By "substation" I assumed you meant an electrical substation. Those are quite complex, and if you've never used Autocad before, such a project will be extremely difficult to complete.

I would like design a 230kV/33kV,100MVA electrical substation on a given piece of land.How can atleast design ittaking some basic consideration like it is having a main and transfer bus, there are three outgoing feeders. what would be clearances from ground, where to install the protective devices.The project will be just a first hand experience so only basic things Iwant to consider

I would like design a 230kV/33kV,100MVA electrical substation on a given piece of land.How can atleast design ittaking some basic consideration like it is having a main and transfer bus, there are three outgoing feeders. what would be clearances from ground, where to install the protective devices.The project will be just a first hand experience so only basic things Iwant to consider

If you were doing this for a utility, they would have told you about clearances and safety devices and so forth. My guess is it's a homework assignment, and we don't do those.

If you were doing this for a utility, they would have told you about clearances and safety devices and so forth. My guess is it's a homework assignment, and we don't do those.

^^^^^^^^^^^+1

Much will depend on how much actual Autocad experience you have. By "substation" I assumed you meant an electrical substation. Those are quite complex' date=' and if you've never used Autocad before, such a project will be extremely difficult to complete.[/quote']

I would think the other way around. I know AutoCad well yet I'd have no idea how to actually design an electrical substation. Drafting it is easy, the design is the hard part.

I would think the other way around. I know AutoCad well yet I'd have no idea how to actually design an electrical substation. Drafting it is easy, the design is the hard part.

Well, what I meant by that is that if he doesn't know autocad, AND doesn't know anything about how a substation goes together, it's gonna be next to impossible to do. I got the impression this was a classroom design project and that the OP was neither drafter nor electrical engineer. If you don't know how to draw, and don't know anything about what you want to draw, that's a very steep hill to climb.

But you are correct...the design end of such a thing is enormous.

My guess is it's a homework assignment, and we don't do those.
I don't agree with this statement. We certainly don't complete homework assignments but if the student is making progress we will add hints and tips along the way.

Amazing what one can find on the internet. A PDF of a Design Guide for Rural Substations.

http://www.usda.gov/rus/electric/pubs/1724e300/1724e300.pdf

This article about reliability and safety has some good points to make.

http://www1.eatonelectrical.com/e-mails/IEEE2010Paper-ConsiderationsinUnitSubstationDesigntoOptimizeReliabilityandElectricalWorkplaceSafety.pdf

I don't agree with this statement. We certainly don't complete homework assignments but if the student is making progress we will add hints and tips along the way.

True, we do help with homework assignments, but all he left was his email address to send the work. Pretty sure he is asking for someone to do it all and email it.

The first response to anyone posting here for the first time should be, "When is this assignment due? Today? In an hour? Yesterday?" :lol:

Anyone noticed how many of these disappear if an immediate solution isn't posted?

The necessary details can be sent to me

This isn't a takeout service, it's a HELP forum. That means we HELP those who put forth an effort, so don't expect any details to be showing up in your inbox anytime soon. Show us what you've done so far and I'm sure someone would be more than happy to assist you. Otherwise, good luck. ;)

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression. Yes, we will help students with specific questions. No, we won't do all the work for them and send them the answers. The latter seems to be what the OP is asking for.