How to increase space between objects?

rlcad

I have a row of rectangles, spaced evenly and I need to increase the spacing. How do I set the space between each of them to be a specified amount?

Typically the ARRAY command would be used to generate them, which makes adjusting spacing really easy. :|

If they are not an ARRAY, it is much more tedious.

You may want to erase them, then use ARRAY, it will save you a lot of time.

Typically the ARRAY command would be used to generate them, which makes adjusting spacing really easy. :|

If they are not an ARRAY, it is much more tedious.

You may want to erase them, then use ARRAY, it will save you a lot of time.

Agreed, use the ARRAY command, when it comes time to set the "spacing", be sure to add the "space" to the width of the object. ARRAY only "sees" the gap between a point, not the space between the object. So if you have 1x1 squares and you want 20 with a 3" gap between them, you'll use the spacing of 4" to get it.

I tried out Array and it seems fine; thanks for the idea.

The Help doesn't say, does it support expressions, like progressively increasing the spacing?

E.g.:

Let spacing between O1 (1st object in the array) and O2 be S; then, between O2 and O3 it would be (2xS); between O3 and O4: (3xS); and so on.

I tried out Array and it seems fine; thanks for the idea.

The Help doesn't say, does it support expressions, like progressively increasing the spacing?

E.g.:

Let spacing between O1 (1st object in the array) and O2 be S; then, between O2 and O3 it would be (2xS); between O3 and O4: (3xS); and so on.

No it does not, that sounds like a good application for a lisp.