Set command in Mouse Right Click

chvnprasad

Hi, I have a doubt regarding Mouse click actions in Autocad. Is there any possibilities to set a autocad command or lisp command to mouse right click. I mean tha if i click mouse right button automatically command need to execute. Presently in autocad when i click right mouse button it shows popup window(In this window showslast command and recent commands list). But i required need to execute assigned command without popup widow. Sorry for my english.

Thanks in Advance,

Prasad

You can do this quite easily. You will need to open and tune your OPTIONS. Lots of ways to open your OPTIONS. You will likely find it at the bottom of your right click shortcut menu, or you can right click inside your COMMANDLINE and select it there. OP typed into your commandline will probably do it too.

If you have not already done so, I would suggest setting up a personal PROFILE and saving it on the PROFILES tab in your OPTIONS, so that it is easy to maintain and restore your personal setting preferences.

The attachment shows you where to find the RIGHT CLICK CUSTOMIZATION settings. Review and choose appropriate settings to taste. I like to use the TIME SENSITIVE right click option, it is a matter of personal preference, set yours here.

right click customization.jpg

Edited by Dadgad

The attachment shows you where to find the RIGHT CLICK CUSTOMIZATION settings. Review and choose appropriate settings to taste. I like to use the TIME SENSITIVE right click option, it is a matter of personal preference, set yours here.
+1 on the Time Sensitive idea as it gives you both, I hate not being able to get the right-click at all. That way a quick right-click is as if you pressed Enter / Spacebar. A click-and-hold would open the pop-up.

I used to customize ***POP*** on the fly back in 2007 cad version, but for the love of gravy i cant remember how i did it. :unsure:.

I think theres an eays way to do that thru CUI. but then again, i dont mess with the menus that much since 2009, i'd stick with Tool palettes.

It was probably some sort of toggle on the ShortCutMenu variable. Or even also the ShortcutMenuDuration. These are basically what you're changing in the Options dialog as Dadgad's shown.