Comfortable Mice for AutoCAD 2D

CAD USER

Why, what mouse are you currently using and why don't you like it? What is it that you want to be able to do using your mouse that you cannot do at the moment?

Why, what mouse are you currently using and why don't you like it? What is it that you want to be able to do using your mouse that you cannot do at the moment?

HP FHA-3510, I feel pain in my hand..

Use your other hand. Or...

...try a gaming mouse (programmable).

...wear a soft brace.

...use voice recognition.

...try a trackball.

...switch careers.

Use your other hand. Or...

...try a gaming mouse (programmable).

...wear a soft brace.

...use voice recognition.

...try a trackball.

...switch careers.

Please can you suggest the brand and model.... please..

Have a look at the Evolent Vertical Mouse 2 some swear by them for eliminating the hand pain.

I used to have lots of hand pain, I put a wrist pad under my elbow and get in a position where my arm is pretty much straight (corner desk), I can run my mouse all day every day with no hand pain.

Anything that has a different form factor than your current mouse is going to help but that only puts a band-aid on it. Get your workstation set up as ergonomically as possible and stretch frequently throughout the day.

I've seen a few people using them that swear by them, I had to show a co-worker how to do something in AutoCAD on his station, I tried that mouse but ended up bringing mine over.

Thanks all of you,

any opinion about Logitech M570 trackball..

What you find comfortable and functional may be quite different from other people. I've been using the M570 at home and a vertical mouse at work for quite a few years. The M570 is quite comfortable but not very durable. It's periodically needs replacing.

Have a look at the Evolent Vertical Mouse 2 some swear by them for eliminating the hand pain.

I used to have lots of hand pain, I put a wrist pad under my elbow and get in a position where my arm is pretty much straight (corner desk), I can run my mouse all day every day with no hand pain.

I really like this going to buy one for my work station.

I have one. Along with a wrist rest, it is quite comfortable for me. I have to keep a standard mouse ready, for anyone that might need to use my workstation. Some people find the vertical mouse so foreign, that they can't use it.

• 1 month later...

I had to stop using the Apple Magic Mouse. The back of my hand is starting to ache.

I picked up a Logitech MX master on sale on Amazon. It works great so far. I just bought a second one for my other computer. 4b087c080200f9058c035db68dcd425b.jpg