dimensioning question

ryan osmun

i could include the lines if when i used the function it would just show the length of the line and not any arrows or additional lines.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ryan osmun

• ReMark

• Tharwat

• RobDraw

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i could include the lines if when i used the function it would just show the length of the line and not any arrows or additional lines.

Just make a new Dimension style and adjust it as best as you want it to look like and make it current and after that run the code .

Just make a new Dimension style and adjust it as best as you want it to look like and make it current and after that run the code .

im trying to figure this out, i think this should work if i can figure it out.

im trying to figure this out, i think this should work if i can figure it out.

Simply , just enter the dimension style and put off the extension lines, dim lines and so on .

ok so doing it like this would work, but let me ask you. when i dim it normal i dont have a line at all, the line comes up with the dimension. is there any way you could do this with out me drawing the lines?

The routine requires the user to select the lines that are being dimensioned. Unfortunately you are not dimensioning lines, per se, but circle-to-circle center points. I have to wonder how accurate this can be in the field or is this for an "as built"? If one "head" is off, for whatever reason, it makes dimensions from it to the adjacent heads inaccurate.

it would have to be accurate. im not sure what you mean when you say if one head is off, like if it is placed wrong in the field, everything will be off?

That's exactly what I mean. Maybe the tech reads the tape measure incorrectly, or reads the plan wrong and transposes two numbers. Don't tell me it hasn't happened.

it does happen, but this is the way i have been doing it for a long time and am not quite sure on another way to dimension it to get the dims for everything in a simplified way.

I used to draft for an in-ground pool company. A lot of the pools had self cleaning systems with pop-up heads. Not much different from that layout the OP showed us. The pool and the system were based off of two given points. This is one way we would dimension the location of the heads.

POOL.jpg

Re: OP's drawing. I believe there would be no lines in the drawing connecting the circles. The lines he does show would be dimension lines.

Re: OP's drawing. I believe there would be no lines in the drawing connecting the circles. The lines he does show would be dimension lines.

this is correct. the best way i can think to put it would be when i use the autodim lisp command, i would want to select all of the circles with no lines in between them and have the command create the dim lines in between all of the circles.