CANNOT BIND XREF's

golln1ae

I have done a search about this before, but I need some more detailed advice.

-I am trying to bind about 20 xrefs to a drawing. all but 5 will bind.

-When i open the drawing a proxy information box pops up, I chose the "do not show proxy" option.

-When i try to bind the bad xrefs, i get this

"Command: Regenerating model.

Error: At least one of the specified xrefs failed to bind due to a problem with a proxy object."

-If i try to copy and paste the xref from its original drawing, it says this "_pasteclip" and nothing is pasted.

-if i try to make the xref into a dxf, the stuff shown on the drawing disspears completely.

-if i try to wblock, i get this error

"Wblock operation rejected due to a proxy object that does not allow copying"

Can anyone help me get around this??

You could try saving the offending files down to the lowest version availible, then open and purge and audit and all that jazz before you try to attach and bind it again. That could get rid of the Proxy objects.

You could try saving the offending files down to the lowest version availible, then open and purge and audit and all that jazz before you try to attach and bind it again. That could get rid of the Proxy objects.

what do you mean by saving down to the lowest version available? like Autocad 2000 or a DXF of some sort.

Hey golln1ae,

What app was used create the objects?

Is it feasible for you to explode or even erase the proxy objects in question?

what do you mean by saving down to the lowest version available? like Autocad 2000 or a DXF of some sort.

Sorry I missed this one.

But yes, save down to 2000 (or even R12 for a try). Or, as I have learnt recently in another thread - saving as a DXF could convert proxy objects as well. Just make sure you Purge and Audit at every turn.

Oh, and just in case - to save as DXF or to save to a lower version, the easiest way is to do a Save As and change the Files of Type to what you want.

• 5 years later...