Error message in LD 2004 on Vista

naghshe

I run Autodesk Land Desktop 2004 on Vista, it works, kind of.

I get this error massege when I open the program:

Error writing the acamap.sys file"

When I say OK to the massege, the program starts working.

At the end when i close the program i get this massege:

" Autocad application has stopped working"

The next massege after this is:

" Download updates for 2004"

Any way to avoid these anoying masseges?

Thanks

1. Try running it in compatibility mode for XP or a previous release of Windows.

2. Are there any updates you may need?

are you running it as an administrator?

Have you tried clicking yes to download the updates?

Running as administrator solved the first error massege. I updated to service pack 1a, but it didn't solve the second error massege.

I think this might be a message that I also receive with some apps on Vista, is it basically telling you the it is not compatible with Vista? Can you please take a screen shot.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...
I think this might be a message that I also receive with some apps on Vista, is it basically telling you the it is not compatible with Vista? Can you please take a screen shot.

Thanks.

Here is the screenshot.

I think I posted my question in wrong area. How can I move it to the software are?

Acad2004.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

It`s simple. Yoo must have administrator privilegies. Go properties on desktop icon, then compability, then click "change settings for all users" klick "Run this program in compability mode for: Windows XP (service Pack 3)" & klick "Run this program an an Administrator". Klick OK. Start "Autodesk Map 2004" icon on desktop, first start some reinstall program, then program will strat (Without error message). After that, close the program. Go again on properties on desktop icon, and uncheck both box ( "change settings for all users" and "Run this program an an Administrator"). Then Acad2004 will work perfectly. Don`t touch UAC, this is very dangerous, if you dont konw use.

Best regards :D