Changing from model space back to paper space

kaliana

I changed a layout template from paper space to model space and modified it. So far so good. Now I want to put it back into paper space so I can apply it to other files in the future.

How do I do this?

I changed a layout template from paper space to model space and modified it. So far so good. Now I want to put it back into paper space so I can apply it to other files in the future.

How do I do this?

When you get done with the changes, make sure it's in Paperspace and do a Save As, overwriting the original. (Obviously you'll want to save it as a *.DWT file, which is the AutoCAD Template File) :)

I must be doing something wrong. I did that and nothing happened, except that I was now looking at paper space, with nothing in it so I went back to model space and typed it in again and it was still set to 1.

The only change I made to the layout once I had it in model space was to add a logo. Before I do too much work I want to know I can put it back. The logo is a jpeg.

I want to move the *model* to paperspace, not just my screen. Once I have saved the document as a template I can apply that layout to other files, but to do that I have to move the model back to paper space. I moved an exising layout to model space using "Change space". I tried repeating this in model space and I got an error saying it couldn't be done the first time, and no response at all the second time. I have tried selecting the whole model first, but I can't seem to move it back.

Why can't you understand me? I though my initial question was clear. I'm beginning to wonder if you understand the question perfectly and you're just having a laugh at my expense.

When you get done with the changes, make sure it's in Paperspace and do a Save As, overwriting the original. (Obviously you'll want to save it as a *.DWT file, which is the AutoCAD Template File) :)

I want to do the underlined bit. I don't know how.

I want to move the *model* to paperspace, not just my screen. Once I have saved the document as a template I can apply that layout to other files, but to do that I have to move the model back to paper space. I moved an exising layout to model space using "Change space". I tried repeating this in model space and I got an error saying it couldn't be done the first time, and no response at all the second time. I have tried selecting the whole model first, but I can't seem to move it back.

Why can't you understand me? I though my initial question was clear. I'm beginning to wonder if you understand the question perfectly and you're just having a laugh at my expense.

ohhhhh, you want to change your "Title Block" back to Paperspace. When using the term Layout in this forum, everyone here will automatically assume you mean Paperspace. By Layout you mean your Sheet Layout that you have created..... hopefully I got that right.

Well that is easy... simply Cut & Paste it back into Paperspace, but you might have to scale it depending on if the Viewport you used the CHSPACE command on was scaled or not. :)

OK. Got ya. It was my fault for not knowing the terminology. I thought a title block was just text. I've got more to learn about this. I'll give the cut and paste thing a go now.

OK. Got ya. It was my fault for not knowing the terminology. I thought a title block was just text. I've got more to learn about this. I'll give the cut and paste thing a go now.

Yeah, you're okay, you will learn the terms the more you stay on this board.

And the CHSPACE command works great from Paperspace to Modelspace, but there's not a command (that I know of without programming it) that allows you to go from Modelspace to Paperspace. :)

Quick question related to this topic. Is there a keyboard shortcut to switch between model and paper space.

I use Ctrl+Shift to switch between open drawings and would be gratefult if I could switch beetween model and paperspace tabs.