Usage of BATTMAN...

AQucsaiJr

Where can the command BATTMAN be used? I tried using it while in block editor on the block I had opened but none of the changes stuck. I then tried it while in model space on the same block and all the changes stuck. Does BATTMAN only work outside block editor or am I just experiencing a glitch?

someone please correct me if im wrong, i think BATTMAN updates changes to attributes in blocks. So say you have block named roomname and that block initially had 3 attributes. Now halfway through working on the dwg you decide you need to add one more attribute to the roomname block. You would go into block editor and make the changes to add the attribute. When you save and close out of block editor you should notice all your old roomname blocks look the same but if you insert a new roomname block it will have 4 attributes instead of 3, by using BATTMAN it will update all your old roomname blocks to have 4 attributes instead of 3. you can do the same with ATTSYNC.

From what I am going through.... it seems to update all instances if a change is made when you use the "Sync" button in BATTMAN. Im not an expert with it, but it seems to do it every time.

From what I have found and tried, it seems the BATTMAN command will only work outside block editor. Anyone know of a command you can use inside block editor to rearrange the way the attributes are listed when you edit them within a drawing? I guess it really is not needed with BATTMAN but it would be nice to be able to work within block editor to fix the problem before saving the block and finding the attribute order messed up in a drawing.

From what I have found and tried, it seems the BATTMAN command will only work outside block editor. Anyone know of a command you can use inside block editor to rearrange the way the attributes are listed when you edit them within a drawing? I guess it really is not needed with BATTMAN but it would be nice to be able to work within block editor to fix the problem before saving the block and finding the attribute order messed up in a drawing.

You can use BATTMAN to rearrange the order of the attributes. For future reference when you create a block with attributes, you have to select each individual attribute in the exact order you want to arrange themselves properly after the block is created.

For future reference when you create a block with attributes, you have to select each individual attribute in the exact order you want to arrange themselves properly after the block is created.

I agree, while building a block, the order you add or pick the attributes in is the order they will appear in the edit dialog box. However, in the case I am speaking of, the block was already created and I had to add quite a few more lines of attributes. So what I needed, or rather wanted, was a way to adjust the order in the block editor while I was adjusting the original block. I have found that BATTMAN was not what I needed in block editor, but it was the command I ultimately used to fix the order the attributes appeared in the dialog box after leaving the block editor.

I agree, while building a block, the order you add or pick the attributes in is the order they will appear in the edit dialog box. However, in the case I am speaking of, the block was already created and I had to add quite a few more lines of attributes. So what I needed, or rather wanted, was a way to adjust the order in the block editor while I was adjusting the original block. I have found that BATTMAN was not what I needed in block editor, but it was the command I ultimately used to fix the order the attributes appeared in the dialog box after leaving the block editor.

ah, I see. Just explode and add attributes, then recreate the block. Then Sync the block after you redefine it. That's what I would do. :)

Could have been a possibility. I just hate to explode a god block and risck messing something up, and in this case I am working with a term block and there were way more existing attributes than I was adding so the addition of more would have been very tedious but do-able. Thought I could save some time this way, but ya I go with your explode a re-create approach normally.