Can't FLATTEN a particular drawing

bababarghi

Hi all,

I have a relatively small drawing with couple of blocks which is ridiculously large on disk (currently 1.4MB after couple of PURGE and AUDIT). There should be some elevated geometry in the drawing. The drawing looks pretty flat in side view though. The method I use to understand whether my drawing is purely 2D or not, is DGNEXPORTcommand. Here is what I get for this particular drawing after running dgnexport:

16015457327332228545.jpg

I tried FLATTEN command but it takes ages and then machine freezes.

File size is bigger than attachment limit. So I uploaded it here:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=83646937124174024565

Can someone plz tell me what's wrong with this drawing?

If you look from the side view, there are 2 blocks that are occupying 3D space because they have an insertion point on Z=0 but the geometry is elevated. This is causing the problem

Hmmm. I see.

Is there any systematic way of fixing these kind of issues? I mean what's the common practice? Other than point by point visual inspection of course.

Express tools in Autocad has a flatten command, but I have no idea how it is used as it isn't available in LT (we have to use different methods). So I don't know if it will work for geometry within a block, hopefully someone with full Autocad will join in and let you know.

Express tools in Autocad has a flatten command, but I have no idea how it is used as it isn't available in LT (we have to use different methods). So I don't know if it will work for geometry within a block, hopefully someone with full Autocad will join in and let you know.

Thanks for bothering and helping me out. I have a full version and I already explained about FLATTEN command in my first post. Nested blocks are the problem here.

The problem within the blocks is just the text item "prosoft communications" it has a Z value, you can open up the blockeditor and see and alter the Z value. No idea why that would cause "flatten" to hang on your system, maybe you would need to open the blocks individually in the blockeditor and use the flatten command.