HELP: Have hatch pattern but cannot align hatch pattern exactly.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vernonlee

• ReMark

• eldon

• RobDraw

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ATTACH]53430[/ATTACH]

Is this what you mean?

No. Basically i can hatch with same patten but as you can see their position is not the same when you hatch it. I need it to be the same.

Thanks

Before opening the drawing, I thought for sure it was a matter of adjusting the base point but there is something weird happening when I play with it.

Copying one of the hatches gives the desired result.

Before opening the drawing, I thought for sure it was a matter of adjusting the base point but there is something weird happening when I play with it.

Copying one of the hatches gives the desired result.

Hi Rob, perhaps to add on, i have to hatch another pline of a different shape but i need the hatch to line up excately the same as the origin patten.

By default AutoCAD uses (0,0), as the base point for starting a hatch. The patterns are lined up with each other. Think of it as one big hatch pattern but you are only seeing bits and pieces of it. Adjusting the position of the pattern is done by changing the origin of the pattern and can be difficult to achieve what you are saying.

That being said, when I did that with your file I got the unexpected result of the pattern looking like it changed scales but the value did not change.

An alternative would be move the pattern to be where you want it and then adjust the boundary to match the shape.

Thank goodness we now use CAD to create drawings. It allows us to concentrate on less important aspects of our drawings.

I'm not sure how this helps.

Thanks Rob for trying. I though i was missing something on the setting or system variables but i tried whatever i could adjust but to no avail.

BTW, there is no LISP or method to find where the actual origin point is plus the exact scale & angle?

The alternative is a very difficult mission, not to mention i cannot even get the exact scale & angle to match.

By default AutoCAD uses (0,0), as the base point for starting a hatch. The patterns are lined up with each other. Think of it as one big hatch pattern but you are only seeing bits and pieces of it. Adjusting the position of the pattern is done by changing the origin of the pattern and can be difficult to achieve what you are saying.

That being said, when I did that with your file I got the unexpected result of the pattern looking like it changed scales but the value did not change.

An alternative would be move the pattern to be where you want it and then adjust the boundary to match the shape.

It was a compliment.

vernon: Is this what you are trying to achieve?

HatchMatch.jpg

As it turns out the hatch pattern on the right is not an exact match. While your hatch pattern angle is called out as being 102 it is really 99.4316.

(First, a little pet peeve of mine is when someone asks for code before finding out how to do it without.)

The properties of a hatch can be obtained and changed in more than one way. The ribbon and the properties box have the tools you are looking for. I'm not sure that is going to help you with this file, though. Those hatches are not behaving properly.

Hi Remark,

Yes. Just that the patten is not align if you alight the top right hand edge. It looks close though

It was a compliment.

vernon: Is this what you are trying to achieve?

[/ATTACH]

As it turns out the hatch pattern on the right is not an exact match. While your hatch pattern angle is called out as being 102 it is really 99.4316.

Firstly, great, but how did you find out the exact scale & angle? I hatch by inhert properties & also by measuring the angle of the HEX patten after exploding it, i still cannot get it to match.

2ndly, is it possible to find out the exact origin point?

Thanks

The hatch pattern on the left, in magenta, matches the angle and scale of your original.

(First, a little pet peeve of mine is when someone asks for code before finding out how to do it without.)

The properties of a hatch can be obtained and changed in more than one way. The ribbon and the properties box have the tools you are looking for. I'm not sure that is going to help you with this file, though. Those hatches are not behaving properly.

Hi Rob, I understand what you mean. In my defense, i posted on non-LISP forum & only mention LISP when it seems not possible to find the exact origin point :oops: