pipe elevation for underground utilities site map

I was wondering if there is standard way for lable the underground piping for how deep they are? this is what i just came up with by just put the leader & text on the top of the pipe, but they get too crowded when i put 100 or more leader & text on the site map. I put the measurement on one layer "Pipe elev" and i can turn the layer on or off when need to. just wondering what is the proper way to do this in general?

pipe elevation.JPG

I used different line types. Maybe put the depth in the line, unless the depth varies to where you end up with boo-koo line types.

I used different line types. Maybe put the depth in the line, unless the depth varies to where you end up with boo-koo line types.

Yes, i already had different line types for different pipes and legends on the drawing

It depends on the pipe. If that is a waster pipe or a gas pipe then I probably only care about the depth (and size etc) so what you have is sufficient. However, if the pipe is a stormwater pipe or sewer/sanitary pipe then the pipe would/should be on a slope. In that case you would want to label the start and end of each pipe. E.g upstream end is 10.25, downstream end is 10.12 etc. Be careful, there maywill be a drop through a pit if it is a stormwater/sewer pipe.

It depends on the pipe. If that is a waster pipe or a gas pipe then I probably only care about the depth (and size etc) so what you have is sufficient. However, if the pipe is a stormwater pipe or sewer/sanitary pipe then the pipe would/should be on a slope. In that case you would want to label the start and end of each pipe. E.g upstream end is 10.25, downstream end is 10.12 etc. Be careful, there maywill be a drop through a pit if it is a stormwater/sewer pipe.

there are waste pipe, storm pipe, sewer pipe, water pipe...... as shown on the image at that point of that pipe is 2'-3" deep (in fact i could put the dim from the building to the point), i can only measure the deepness of each pipe at certain areas during excavation. Thanks Organic, i just want to make sure if i am heading to the right direction.