Pipe/Structure Labels

PaulS00

Hello,

So I've labeled pipes and structures in profile view and can't figure out how to get the leader to connect to the top of the manhole structure.

For structures, it only point to the middle and for pipes, it only allows you to move the leader along the centerline of the pipe.

Is there any way to change this?

My best conclusion is to just turn off the leader in the style and just manually draw one, like I did in the bottom label in the picture below.

Pipe Label Style.jpg

Having never used CIVIL3D, might the answer be to create, save and set as current a new MULTILEADER STYLE, and use that instead of your regular leader style? In Autocad vanilla there are a great many more options available when creating a multileader style.

Someone with more experience may come along and correct me, but this is how I fixed this problem.

There is a generic setting for pipe structures, probably in the Settings tab of Toolspace. Right-click on Structures or Pipe Networks. Somewhere there is an option for where to attach labels: top, middle, or bottom of structure. Pick the top option. Sorry, I can't get any more specific than that, but if you're familiar with Civil 3D, you'll find it easily enough.

The infuriating catch is, you can't regenerate the profile to move the attachment points. You have to erase all the offending labels and re-create them.

Having never used CIVIL3D, might the answer be to create, save and set as current a new MULTILEADER STYLE, and use that instead of your regular leader style? In Autocad vanilla there are a great many more options available when creating a multileader style.

The labels are not multileaders. They are dynamic and a specific label for the Pipe Network.

Someone with more experience may come along and correct me, but this is how I fixed this problem.

There is a generic setting for pipe structures, probably in the Settings tab of Toolspace. Right-click on Structures or Pipe Networks. Somewhere there is an option for where to attach labels: top, middle, or bottom of structure. Pick the top option. Sorry, I can't get any more specific than that, but if you're familiar with Civil 3D, you'll find it easily enough.

The infuriating catch is, you can't regenerate the profile to move the attachment points. You have to erase all the offending labels and re-create them.

I've been all through the Label Style Editor and the option for label attachment is where the label attaches to the leader, NOT where the leader attaches to the object.

Thanks tho

I've been all through the Label Style Editor and the option for label attachment is where the label attaches to the leader, NOT where the leader attaches to the object.

You're looking at the label settings, not the structure settings. Go to Toolspace, Settings tab, and right-click on Structures. You should get an option for Edit Label Style Defaults. Open up Dragged State Components. There's a line for Leader Attachment, with the options Top of Top Line, Middle of Top Line, Middle (the default), Middle of Bottom Line, and Bottom of Bottom Line.

If that doesn't work, try the Toggle Label Pin option on the right-click menu for the label itself.

You're looking at the label settings, not the structure settings. Go to Toolspace, Settings tab, and right-click on Structures. You should get an option for Edit Label Style Defaults. Open up Dragged State Components. There's a line for Leader Attachment, with the options Top of Top Line, Middle of Top Line, Middle (the default), Middle of Bottom Line, and Bottom of Bottom Line.

If that doesn't work, try the Toggle Label Pin option on the right-click menu for the label itself.

Thanks, but that is for where the leader attaches to the text, NOT attachment to the structure.

• 1 month later...

Well, now that I've drawn a profile in C3D2013, it's doing the same thing. I found a site that suggested dragging the label to somewhere close to the top of the structure--which will anchor the end of the leader to a point on top of the structure rather than the center--and then pinning the label there. You're supposed to be able to move the label from there and get something reasonable. Except that that doesn't always work.

And while I'm hijacking this thread, some of those dragged labels will shift themselves to 0,0 when I reopen the drawing, and some of those dragged labels don't print, even though they appear in the print preview. Tell me again why we pay thou$ands for this poorly thought out, bug-laden, unsupported software.